• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

10/7/2015 NL Wildcard Game Cubs vs Pirates

Homebrewer

God, I hope the Cubs don't win it all.

Their fans will be as insufferable as Red Sox fans... probably worse.

sorry but,

people that pretend that fans of one team are genetically different from fans of another team are delusional. everyone's the same, maybe if lgbt rights and dinosaurs came up a lot in sports you'd have a point, but otherwise it's poopypants.

sorry but,

people that pretend that fans of one team are genetically different from fans of another team are delusional. everyone's the same, maybe if lgbt rights and dinosaurs came up a lot in sports you'd have a point, but otherwise it's poopypants.

So are you implying that demographics have nothing to do with how people are? We're all the same here in the US?

Did Joe even have to manage that game ... AO could of managed and won tonight.

He could have managed that one from his living room.

Well these two playoff games have sure highlighted the need to have a true #1 lock down starter, something we don't have.  In a one game or even 5 game series this is pretty crucial.  Eppler may want to bump that one up on his list of priorities.

So are you implying that demographics have nothing to do with how people are? We're all the same here in the US?

that's why i made the quip about lgbt and dinosaurs, those type of beliefs are the thing that separate us, but sports where we pretend to be different and divided is actually where we're all basically the same. 

the point i'm making is the same point that the south park guys make with their "rabble rabble" recurring theme.

we root for the ca. team, somebody else roots for the illinois team, and still another roots for the new england team, etc. etc.

the idea that those guys are jerks and we're not is laughably naive and quite literally mirrors schoolyard social politics.

i'm cheering for the angels because i choose to, we all have different reasons why. the funny thing to me is that the cubs fans cheer for the cubs for identical reasons within the group dynamic, but somehow they're different from us and the difference has to be more than it simply being another team, therefore they're jerks. if i said nothing further at this point someone would reply with evidence of their "jerkiness", but it would all add up to anecdotal experience and confirmation bias.

Edited by ukyah