• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto Accepts Seattle GM Job

nando714

At the time that Jerry quit, my initial instinct was to be really pissed off at him.  To bail out mid season from a team in the playoff hunt just before the trade deadline would either make him a complete jerk or alternatively, it would mean the situation was horribly toxic.  I wanted to believe some of this was on Jerry and that the front office situation didn't suit him yet wasn't really that bad.  

A guy that walks away from his team like that would surely not be considered to ever be a GM or anywhere near a front office right?  

So to me, this just confirms that the dynamic Arte created was a mess and incompatible with maintaining an appropriate GM/manager relationship.   It remains to be seen whether the more unconventional setup will work out.  

While I still don't blame Jerry for deciding to exit from a toxic situation, it still takes two to tango.  But the industry didn't punish him for it so good for him.  

He not stepping into a low pressure situation in Seattle.   They have over 70mil committed through 2019 and Cruz is signed through 2018 (84mil committed).  So they have created a window that they are going to want to take advantage of and my guess is that they aren't going to want to spend a ton more money.  They have some interesting prospects, but their depth is considered pretty poor and their top guys really struggled this year.   I imagine they think they should be competitive next year.  I actually feel like their offense has more parts than their pitching staff.  

Dipoto would've been better off with a younger, lower payroll team like the Rockies.

The Mariners have too many deep rooted problems like a high payroll, poor player development, etc...

I'm guessing he'll pack up his office a lot sooner this time around.

How would Dipoto be able to sign former Rockies rejects if he worked for the Rockies? Does not compute

How would Dipoto be able to sign former Rockies rejects if he worked for the Rockies? Does not compute

His strategy would change to getting Arte Moreno to pay Angels rejects to play for the Rockies.

He'd sign former Diamondback rejects and get fleeced by the Cardinals. If that fails, he can always go back to the well and sign a Sugarland Skeeter.

Dipoto doesn't mess around. He'll assemble a team filled with Josh Walls and Yoslan Herrerras to crush the Angels and shame Mike Scioscia.

ah, I don't join the DiPoto haters group --

I wish him well, -- OK - not that well because he's gone to a Division rival and will use his knowledge of the Halos organization and what he learned about the rest of the AL West against us - but I never dis-liked DiPoto -- I think he got the Halos GM job in a situation that was doomed from the start -- Scioscia calls the shots, not the GM.

Scioscia still will with the next GM as well, regardless of what is said publicly about the issue.

Oh well, Good for DiPoto.

read through the first few pages.. bunch of nonsense gibberish.. click to see 11 pages.. yeah I'm not reading anymore.

The Mariners and Angels are pretty similar, except the Angels have Mike Trout.

Mariners are kind of ****ed tbh.

Also pretty damn unusual for Cruz to have by far his best season at the age of 34(now 35). Just waiting for his suspension any day now.

Edited by Poozy