• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto Accepts Seattle GM Job

nando714

The only thing you might be able to pin on Jerry is the outrageous trade for Freese and Salas. We would have been far better off keeping Callaspo, especially as Grant Green has been jailed in AAA. By not having any viable third baseman Dipoto set himself up to get blasted during negotiations.

That said, two other trades of his that I was similarly pissed off about at the time have turned out not so bad (the Conger trade and the Street trade)

You seem to be forgetting one important factor.

Green sucks

Which one of the two headed monster is still in Seattle -- Lincoln or Armstrong?  Angel fans have no idea how big a pain in the ass those two have been for your GM's and managers....

And yet people keep saying JD was smart for leaving Anaheim.

With his track record, he'll be gone by May

I would much rather see the Mariners win than either of those teams in Texas!

I'm a Seahawks fan and I've spent a lot of time in and around Seattle. It's sports town, and I actually really like it there. I'd travel there for meaningful games, especially now that the Kingdome is only a bad memory.

I'm more reffering to people that doubted Dipoto and said he wouldn't get offered another GM position and that sided with Scioscia as all knowing and completely right.

I'm truly curious if anyone actually made those kind of comments or if this is just failo bs.

Regardless, hope Jerry sucks as GM of the Mariners.  (Because they compete against the Angels)

So is the Seattle GM position an upgrade or a downgrade in comparison to the Angels GM position? Or are these two franchises considered equal value in terms of the baseball market place.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I would think that turning around the Mariners will be more of a challenge, and more rewarding for Jerry, than being a handcuffed GM of an organization that had some recent successes.

The Mariners are almost akin to the Cubbies for the lack of any recent success, in fact the Mariners are worse in many ways. If JD gets some real power there, he could be enjoying the same kind of joy and accolades that Theo and Hoyer are getting in Chicago today.

Jerry had a lot of freedom in Anaheim, especially when it came to building the roster. I think the claims of him being "handcuffed" are grossly exaggerated. 

Good luck finding anyone who can hit in Seattle.

Cruz, a non-stomach bugged Cano, and Seager say hello.

All of those guys hit over .300 at Safeco.

Fact is ... if you can hit the ball ... you can hit anywhere.

So really the problem is just finding hitters.

Edited by Ender