• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto Accepts Seattle GM Job

nando714

Now, back to wondering why the hell Victorino and Iannetta are in today's starting lineup.

Well, I'm reaching here,  but Santiago likes to give his outfielders a workout so that might be part of why Victorino who fields a little better and is faster than Murphy.  With regard to Perez, he's probably caught many more games this year than ever in his career, and he needs a blow every once in a while.  We probably should have trash canned Iannetta earlier in the season, and given Bandy some experience then he could have been backing up Perez instead of Iannetta.  After Bandy though it's a big drop off to the next chump, so if we had done that and either Perez or Bandy got injured we would have the same situation as our bullpen faces now.  That's all I've got.  The coaches all discuss these lineup ideas, it would be interesting to have tapes of all of those discussions throughout the year, but I don't think they will be released, LOL.

Scioscia should opt out and become the Mariners' manager for the lulz.

Or maybe the owners can sell their respective clubs to one another.  Seattle will become "Seattle Amigos of the Greater Northwest", and we will become the "Anaheim Fish Archers".

archer_r_120x100.gifVS.  Amigo.png

Edited by tomsred

Grichuk would have been nice, but most saw him as a 4th outfielder, or at best a C.J. Cron type.

Like GB said, we had plenty of OF's at the time of the trade and Dipoto was big on OBP type guys, which Grichuk was not.

Yeah it would have been nice to have had kept Grichuk over Salas, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. 

Chuck, this is a serious question, it's not at all meant to be derogatory or a trick question in any way:  If Jerry Dipoto asked you to put together a baseball fan website in the Seattle area for the Mariners would you establish and run one for him?  I'm curious about whether you're interested in expanding the franchise so to speak.  Since you know him pretty well it seems like it would be a golden opportunity, or maybe a headache especially with two competing organizations?

I'd be pretty pissed if I were an M's fan. Our team sucks and we hire a new GM, who oversaw a shit show, signed Pujols and Hamilton, then quit mid-season in dramatic fashion? 

Dipoto might be alright, but not someone I'd be stoked to get.

I never thought I'd see an attempt to fish for a storm 'like this'.

Chuck, this is a serious question, it's not at all meant to be derogatory or a trick question in any way: If Jerry Dipoto asked you to put together a baseball fan website in the Seattle area for the Mariners would you establish and run one for him? I'm curious about whether you're interested in expanding the franchise so to speak. Since you know him pretty well it seems like it would be a golden opportunity, or maybe a headache especially with two competing organizations?

He'll take your answer off the air.

Reading this makes me despise Scioscia even more:

“Jerry impressed us at each step of the process,” said president Kevin Mather in a prepared statement. â€œHe has a very unique skill set, having been a successful player in the Majors, then moving into front offices with steadily increasing responsibilities. Jerry has scouted, spent time in player development and has a track record as a very successful General Manager. During our conversations over the past few weeks, it became clear to me that he has a very solid understanding of our team and organization, both where we are and where we want to be. And he has a strategy to get us there. Few candidates bring the combination of playing the game, scouting, a solid understanding of statistical metrics and a plan for player development. I am looking forward to having Jerry lead our baseball operations for a long time.”

Also, the article on MLBTR also had this in it:

"Dipoto was named GM of the Angels shortly after the 2011 season and served in that capacity until this summer, when he resigned abruptly due to a feud with skipper Mike Scioscia. The manager reportedly took umbrage to Dipoto’s attempts to provide him with analytical data for the purposes of aiding his in-game decision-making, and the dispute escalated to the point where Dipoto walked away from the organization. Many expected Dipoto, a well-regarded executive, to ultimately land another GM gig, and after a brief stop as a senior adviser with the Red Sox, it appears he’s done just that."

I know there are people here that either doubt or don't want to believe this but it sure seems like it's legit.  If you still don't think Scioscia has the power he does, I have some beach front property in Arizona I'd like to sell you.

Dipoto would've been better off with a younger, lower payroll team like the Rockies.

The Mariners have too many deep rooted problems like a high payroll, poor player development, etc...

I'm guessing he'll pack up his office a lot sooner this time around.

Edited by failos