• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto Accepts Seattle GM Job

nando714

I'm truly curious if anyone actually made those kind of comments or if this is just failo bs.

There were definitely people who said that Dipoto would never get another GM job. One in particular was quite adamant about it. I'm not going to openly call him out, but he is conspicuously absent from this thread.

There were definitely people who said that Dipoto would never get another GM job. One in particular was quite adamant about it. I'm not going to openly call him out, but he is conspicuously absent from this thread.

One poster is what all of this is about?  Seems like the consensus was that a majority either didn't care enough to make a guess or felt he would find a job sooner or later.

One poster is what all of this is about? Seems like the consensus was that a majority either didn't care enough to make a guess or felt he would find a job sooner or later.

True. However, that one poster repeated this opinion in multiple threads, even some that only remotely involved anything about the GM.

If I'm running the M's I try and get a haul for Felix.

I'd probably try to move Seager too. 

More likely that JeDi trades Cano, waves his hand at Moreno, and tells him, this is the droid you are looking for.  Moreno will instantly be convinced that this is the big splash needed, and pay the entire salary, since they have a 2b opening.  

It's official...press conference tomorrow @ 10:00 am.

The Mariners confirmed Dipoto’s hiring later Monday afternoon. There will be a press conference on Tuesday at 10 a.m. at Safeco Field to introduce Dipoto. He will be the team’s ninth full-time general manager.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/report-mariners-to-hire-jerry-dipoto-as-new-general-manager/

Eh, Seattle can have him, good Gm's dont trade Grichuk's for Freese's anyway.

The only thing that annoys me is seattle always being our shadow, I mean seriously Bill Bavasi? Chone Figgins? Jarrod Washburn, and now Dipoto.

Dipoto had his hits and misses, every GM does.  I find it kind of interesting that they would release this information today after the three game sweep, it's kind of like trashing the visiting clubhouse as they leave town (coincidence or design?).  My two favorite candidates for the Angels GM position are Klentak and Eppler so far.  If Klentak decides to go to Seattle, that reduces a qualified candidate in my mind, and it might happen, or maybe Klentak wants to make his own waves as a GM.  I think we have quite a few posters from Seattle on here, the Dipoto hiring will make their winter more interesting seeing how he decides to improve that club.

Now, back to worrying about how many games we can win this week....

Eh, Seattle can have him, good Gm's dont trade Grichuk's for Freese's anyway.

The only thing that annoys me is seattle always being our shadow, I mean seriously Bill Bavasi? Chone Figgins? Jarrod Washburn, and now Dipoto.

Problem was, back then we had way too many outfielders.  And no 3B to speak of.  So it's a trade that I really don't fault Dipoto on.