• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Garrett Richards struggles as Mariners rout Angels

AngelsWin.com

Richards is 27 and 2 of his 3 seasons have been 'off years'

Except he really only has two years as a full time starter. As a starter he has a career 3.60 ERA with is not bad by any means. As a reliever it is 4.57, which is bad by any standard.

But you are concerned about his age and I will give you a comp.

Age 28 record 54-36 with a 4.64 ERA and traded 4 times.

Age 29-35 record 89-55 with a 2.93 ERA 1 Cy Young and 4 All Star appearances.

Same guy, Cliff Lee.

Sometimes you just have to let a guy mature.

Edited by notti

Except he really only has two years as a full time starter. As a starter he has a career 3.60 ERA with is not bad by any means. As a reliever it is 4.57, which is bad by any standard.

But you are concerned about his age and I will give you a comp.

Age 28 record 54-36 with a 4.64 ERA and traded 4 times.

Age 29-35 record 89-55 with a 2.93 ERA 1 Cy Young and 4 All Star appearances.

Same guy, Cliff Lee.

Sometimes you just have to let a guy mature.

absolute truth here.  Richards is also back off a major injury that no doubt has affected his mechanics.  I believe in him figuring it out.  You guys want cost controlled elite pitching.  He's our best shot.

Edited by UndertheHalo

richards is a good pitcher. i don't know why people are worried about whether he is an ace or not. he is a solid 2, or a 3 at worst, and the #1 slot will get filled by heaney and/or newcomb.

we have bigger problems, like the fact we've basically never developed a great reliever since krod, our positional talent is a joke, our overseas scouting sucks, we might have internal issues, and the organization from a third party perspective, just isn't one of the top tier companies in the game. We're that company with a 2.5 rating on glassdoor. The Giants and Cards are like the silicon valley of the game, with a 4.5 rating and employees who love their jobs.