• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2016 Gameday Thread

nate

GB is hurting right now. Their SS is out tonight and he's huge for them vs the run. Lacy and Adams nursing sprained ankles so who knows how effective they'll be. Packers still without their RT so Justin Houston will get to feast on a bad backup. RB's like Charles and athletic TE's like Kelce always give GB defense fits

I think this game will be close tbh.

It really wasn't close.  The best part was all the KC fans cheering that they had the first TD by a WR in 18 games.  Alex Smith is a good dude but he is not a good QB.  Anything other than a conservative short yardage situation and he struggles.  I think KC would be a SB team with a better QB, they have an insane amount of talent, especially on defense and at RB.

Wouldn't surprise me if Indy cans Pagano and makes a run at Jim Harbaugh

His buyout at Michigan is a lot less than I figured that it would be. Although his seven-year contract at Michigan is almost fully guaranteed, the only buyout if he were to leave for the NFL is a prorated portion of his $2M signing bonus.

Jim Harbaugh's Michigan contract almost fully guaranteed

Meh, in the NFL all that matters is a win, doesn't matter how convincing it is.  Better to let up and avoid injury.  Play prevent defense, etc.

They also got the stop on 4th down but the refs gave the Chiefs the 1st on a terrible spot so yeah, just a minor gripe in what was a great showing. HAd 7 sacks and were close to having 10-11

GB is hurting right now. Their SS is out tonight and he's huge for them vs the run. Lacy and Adams nursing sprained ankles so who knows how effective they'll be. Packers still without their RT so Justin Houston will get to feast on a bad backup. RB's like Charles and athletic TE's like Kelce always give GB defense fits

I think this game will be close tbh.

Lou Agrees

His buyout at Michigan is a lot less than I figured that it would be. Although his seven-year contract at Michigan is almost fully guaranteed, the only buyout if he were to leave for the NFL is a prorated portion of his $2M signing bonus.

Jim Harbaugh's Michigan contract almost fully guaranteed

It would suck to be a michigan fan/booster/alumI

Would harbaugh really pass up a chance to coach Luck in the nfl. For a team that is ok built in a soft divison. Hmmm...

The short passes are about all he can do effectively.  He's a game manager who won't make too many mistakes but also isn't the guy who's going to air it out and bring his team back from a big deficit.  KC's defense basically has to play top 5 and out of their minds the whole season for them to make the playoffs with him as their QB.    

The only reason the offense got going was because Green Bay was playing prevent defense.  4 DBs more than 15 yards away from the line of scrimmage on every snap.

Smith is who he is, he has never been a down field passer.  He is the definition of the conservative QB.

The Chiefs have so much talent they just need someone that can move the offense.

Agree with all points.  The extension they signed him to through 2018 guaranteed him 45M but the way it's structured the guaranteed money is only through 2016 and at this point it's all guaranteed since he was on the roster as of March.  Their best bet is to start grooming someone else and to part ways with him after 2016.  He's a good guy but with KC's defense, running game and Maclin/Kelce they need to take a chance now but it already may be too late because by the time you get someone else in Charles and some of the guys on defense are at the back end of their careers.   

Chiefs 3rd down conversion % on the season really illustrates the type of QB Smith is. He just never will challenge it downfield and defenses can just crowd the LOS and DB's don't have to worry about backpedaling. They can just sit on routes since the ball will rarely if ever go past 10 yards. Smith got his chunk yardage late down 24 over the middle where GB was playing back.

Smith is what he is. He often times won't kill a team because he won't turn it over, but he also won't win you games. Chiefs have a good defense and some weapons on offense. They need an upgrade at QB to become legit contenders

What do they have more of cheap shots or points?

Chargers are probably the worst team in the division.

Not if you judge by the standings.

But yeah, their front line is horrible. Rivers was never a mobile quarterback to begin with and he's getting pounded. They'll be lucky to finish at .500.

It's probably still the Raiders. I think they are turning a corner and lose to a bad team in the Bears.

I don't think Denver is as good as their record and don't know what to make of the Chiefs and Chargers, both seem to have talent but suck.

Chiefs have had a brutal schedule to start. I picked them to win the division, but Denver's defense has been damn good. Chargers are so damn injured that they can't make much noise if they don't get their starters back. Slow starts to the season and in games are becoming the norm under McCoy

Chiefs have had a brutal schedule to start. I picked them to win the division, but Denver's defense has been damn good. Chargers are so damn injured that they can't make much noise if they don't get their starters back. Slow starts to the season and in games are becoming the norm under McCoy

Yeah, I just realized the Chiefs last three opponents are 12-0.