• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When do you guys start bi***ing about Trout?

stormngt

by all means we should call it like it is with all of our players.  Trout has been bad and its disappointing.  I think some of it may be that he got messed up trying to compensate for a sore wrist.  But I also think Trout is in a tough position in this line up.  He gets pitched around A LOT, and why wouldn't he ? No one else in the line up is nearly the threat that he is.  I mean to me, we've seen him struggle / not play well for stretches similar to this, just not quite as badly.  Then again, the team line up is crappier then ever since he's been here.  Its just not a good situation.  Anyway, all is not lost if we win tonight we'll be in good shape to take this series from the Dodgers.  Gonna be real tough tho.  If they can somehow manage it though i'll take it.  2/3 from Texas and 2/3 from the Doyers going into the series with Houston...Lets just see where we are at the end of this weekend.  We all knew the season hinged on this week. 

You do realize you're the same guy that tried to compare Trout's numbers to Luis Gonzalez's numbers, right?

Yes I'm making a point about what it would take to get people calm their heels about Trout's mini slump. Trout hustles out every play every game while the slackers around him watch. I do give credit to Kole Calhoun but outside of that it's slim pickings.

I love Trout Claude. People will actually turn on the guy on here just like they have Weaver, it won't be any time soon, but it will happen. People on message boards basically bitch about everything, including the best player in the game. What they are doing now isn't really bitching they are pointing out how bad he had been in August. In September he is hitting .273 with a .370 obp, so he's starting to turn it around.

What are they going to do these next 2-3 years to provide better protection for Trout?

Pujols? The guy who reeks with RISP?

Cron? Doing much better, but is this how he will be from now on?

Aybar? Should be hitting 7th.

Murphy? Not a power guy

I would assume sign a free agent like Cespedes.

I really don't get the idea of "protecting" the best player in the game.

Who are you really going to sign that will make them pitch to Trout?

Who could they possibly acquire where a pitcher would rather face Trout than the guy on deck?

All the protection in the world means nothing if Trout strikes out 30 times a month.

I would even argue that the fact that he has been striking out as much means pitchers are going after him, even without so called protection.

For some reason this board always has to be split one side or another. Its simple, in this debate as well as a lot of the others. Trout is a beast, arguably the best player in baseball.

That said, hes been average at best (very bad for his standards) ever since the tailspin started. And he shouldnt get a pass for it.

That doesnt mean he isnt still a top 3 player in the game. Any team would still gladly trade their mother and virgin sister for him. Its just that hes human after all....

For some reason this board always has to be split one side or another. Its simple, in this debate as well as a lot of the others. Trout is a beast, arguably the best player in baseball.

That said, hes been average at best (very bad for his standards) ever since the tailspin started. And he shouldnt get a pass for it.

That doesnt mean he isnt still a top 3 player in the game. Any team would still gladly trade their mother and virgin sister for him. Its just that hes human after all....

Well said. I've said similar things, but it seems you still have a group of folks that think if you criticize Trout you're somehow saying he sucks. It isn't either/or.

Just a guess, but all of the losing may finally be wearing him down.