• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When do you guys start bi***ing about Trout?

stormngt

I'd personally have Cain ahead of Trout.

He's done everything to help KC to their AL best record, and isn't much behind Trout in WAR.

I'd also put Keuchel ahead of Trout, WAR is barely below Trout's and his pitching has helped to lead Houston to where they are.

How can Trout be runner-up, when he's been ordinary by average MLB player standards for the past 6 weeks?

Edited by Angel Oracle

Trout's slide in productivity IMO coincides with his taking a first pitch much too often, putting him at a disadvantage if that first pitch is a strike. Opposing pitchers can throw a room service fastball right down the middle with impunity. Until and unless that changes, you'll see the current Mike Trout, and that is not nearly enough. Pujols is done and Trout and Calhoun are all we've got. He needs to step it up.

Taking thevfirst pitch strike is frustrating to watch. However my problem is how often he takes the third strike.

If Trout plays like Trout we probably make the playoffs,

Career: .303 .395 OBP .950 OPS

2015: .294 .394 OBP .968 OPS

Trout has been Trout...sometimes other guys need to:

Not give up runs with 2 outs

Hit with runners on with 2 outs

Not suck at SP

Not suck out of the BP

Not suck when you are hitting and not named Trout

The Angels are close as they are because he HAS been Trout all season.

Edited by mulwin444

Not suck at SP

Not suck out of the BP

I agree. But, mostly because of your avatar pic.

Trout's been terrible for over a month but Trout also carried this horrendous offense as best as he could for much of the season. Hard to expect any player to never go through a slump during the course of the season

So yeah, he deserves some criticism but he's also the main reason the team is actually still in the WC chase. Without him, they're sitting well under .500

Not suck at SP

Not suck out of the BP

All season except for the last six weeks where he hadn't even been Reggie Willits. Not even cherry picking, six weeks is a Damn long stretch for him to completely dissappear as a factor on the offense.

17 0-fer games since August 1st. That isn't MVP, Mulwin. All of 9 rbi's and please don't give me that bullshit there is no one on base or scoring position for him, last night was a pretty good look at his effectiveness. Or better yet innefectiveness.

Trout needs to get his shit together.

All season except for the last six weeks where he hadn't even been Reggie Willits. Not even cherry picking, six weeks is a Damn long stretch for him to completely dissappear as a factor on the offense.

17 0-fer games since August 1st. That isn't MVP, Mulwin. All of 9 rbi's and please don't give me that bullshit there is no one on base or scoring position for him, last night was a pretty good look at his effectiveness. Or better yet innefectiveness.

Trout needs to get his shit together.

I'm sure he's trying really hard not to suck...July he was the best in the AL and was the MVP.  Now he's struggling and isn't.  Welcome to baseball.

Performance can't always come in convenient, efficent, spread out chunks