• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nets down the foul lines?

laagamer

[quote name="SOTO" post="658667" timestamp="1440443303"

They are in the field of play. That also just happened in the last couple of years. The game has been played since the late 1800s.

I have been watching the game for about 40 years, and the base runners have worn helmets as long as I can remember. Also balls go into the stands at the same speed as they could get to a baserunner. Do you think the guy at third is much closer than the fan in the first row behind the dugout?

I have been watching the game for about 40 years, and the base runners have worn helmets as long as I can remember. Also balls go into the stands at the same speed as they could get to a baserunner. Do you think the guy at third is much closer than the fan in the first row behind the dugout?

Yes. Strad you sit in the nosebleed 200s anyways.

All this because you saw someone get hurt at a game?

Actually it isn't 0 deaths. The stats across high level play are:

Foul ball fatalities – 125 (includes one at a major league game and two at minor league games)

Thrown ball fatalities – 46 (includes one at a major league game and one at a minor league game)

Bat fatalities – 48

Field-related fatalities – 41 (includes 17 at major league games and three at minor league games)

And some might reasonably argue that being left with significant brain damage and problems from it is right up there with death...

Actually it isn't 0 deaths. The stats across high level play are:

Foul ball fatalities – 125 (includes one at a major league game and two at minor league games)

Thrown ball fatalities – 46 (includes one at a major league game and one at a minor league game)

Bat fatalities – 48

Field-related fatalities – 41 (includes 17 at major league games and three at minor league games)

And some might reasonably argue that being left with significant brain damage and problems from it is right up there with death...

Minute compared to the number of pitched and batted balls over 125+ years.

At least we get to watch the game in 1080p

Yes I watch most games on TV, I just thought it was silly that the terrace level is now considered the nosebleeds by a guy that admitedly only goes to a game or two a year. I am sure he was just trying to get under my skin, he's that kind of dick, haha.

Yes I watch most games on TV, I just thought it was silly that the terrace level is now considered the nosebleeds by a guy that admitedly only goes to a game or two a year. I am sure he was just trying to get under my skin, he's that kind of dick, haha.

I've always hated terrace seats. You can rename them, classify them as some kind of shaded MVP, or whatever they are. Bottom line is they are too far back, and under a roof, which is not the style of seat I like. I'd rather be in 129 down the line than at 210 behind the plate. I like sun. I like foul balls, I like being a handful of rows from the field. That has nothing to do where you sit, I'm just saying,

Few people if any are in any kind of danger in the Terrace section.

The only good thing about the terrace section back in the day, was the quick access to the Ye Olde Ice Cream Parlor or Shoppe behind home plate. Man that was a fixture of mine.

And don't your panties in a bunch Strad, I know terrace is where the player tickets are. I still don't like sitting there.

Nosebleeds, right on. Why are you complaining then, you sit on your couch to watch the games.

I'm also not afraid of the batted ball or flying bat. If one of my kids get inpaled because Aybar lets it fly, that's the risk I take.

I don't go because I'm too busy. I also prefer not giving Arte any money. However, when they signed Pujols,that day I drove to the stadium to buy some merch in appreciation for Arte shelling out. I was even on TV about it, in a story that pissed off KTLA.

Now, I'd rather not give Arte any money.

I've always hated terrace seats. You can rename them, classify them as some kind of shaded MVP, or whatever they are. Bottom line is they are too far back, and under a roof, which is not the style of seat I like. I'd rather be in 129 down the line than at 210 behind the plate. I like sun. I like foul balls, I like being a handful of rows from the field. That has nothing to do where you sit, I'm just saying,

Few people if any are in any kind of danger in the Terrace section.

The only good thing about the terrace section back in the day, was the quick access to the Ye Olde Ice Cream Parlor or Shoppe behind home plate. Man that was a fixture of mine.

And don't your panties in a bunch Strad, I know terrace is where the player tickets are. I still don't like sitting there.

Yea, we have totally different tastes in seats. I basically need the shade in order to be able to attend any day game and not be miserable. I will probably stay in the Terrace Level as I get older and have the freedom to attend more games. Although I have looked at Club level and it looks like the last row of Club is in the shade for day games. So strange how fans of the game can have such different opinions of what good seats are. I do like sitting close to feel how fast the ball is coming, but I also like the occasional game in the 400 section behind the plate, which I think has an amazing view of the field and very easy to judge the ball, and see the defensive shifts, the route the player takes to the ball, and also be able to see where a player is when the outfielder picks up the ball.

Yea, we have totally different tastes in seats. I basically need the shade in order to be able to attend any day game and not be miserable. I will probably stay in the Terrace Level as I get older and have the freedom to attend more games. Although I have looked at Club level and it looks like the last row of Club is in the shade for day games. So strange how fans of the game can have such different opinions of what good seats are. I do like sitting close to feel how fast the ball is coming, but I also like the occasional game in the 400 section behind the plate, which I think has an amazing view of the field and very easy to judge the ball, and see the defensive shifts, the route the player takes to the ball, and also be able to see where a player is when the outfielder picks up the ball.

The only time I've ever sat in 400/500 was during the ALCS series against the Twins when Kennedy went yard three times.

I can't stand that section. I have a real fear of heights. My Yankees season tickets were basically behind home plate in what equals the 400s. I sat there twice, the HR Derby and ASG several years ago. Other than that, if I was in NY, I bought lower more expensive seats and sold my season seats.

I don't mind the RF pavilion. I like it out there. Closest thing we have to bleachers, and there's an ambience I like about that, especially in day games. Havent sat in Club in at least 15 years.

You are more fair skinned than me. I like to go shirtless and slap on the 4 oil and roast all day.

Minute compared to the number of pitched and batted balls over 125+ years.

It's actually comparable to the number of player deaths from similar incidents. But interestingly there are a lot of measures in place to try to protect the players; there isn't anything for the fans.

And again this doesn't include people who end up with permanent brain damage, massive facial damage or lost eyesight. There have been both players and fans who have lost vision in one eye from fouls.

BTW, stadiums in Japan have netting and nobody's melted down about it.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

It seems pretty ridiculous to set the bar at "nobody has died yet". Casual fans help pay the bills. They aren't going away.

A quick research would show what area creates a danger zone in any given stadium. You throw up a bit of netting and potentially save many teeth from extinction and the rest of the crowd goes on with their lives.

For those of you who refuse to accept the inevitable, I recommend foot stomping followed by holding your breath until you get your way.

How about restrictions in certain seating areas?

Only allow cell phone use between innings. Otherwise, take your call in the breezeway. I refuse to take my 7 year old daughter to the game unless we have seats high enough or far enough for me to react. I have passed several times on amazing seats just because I knew my daughter would not allow me to pay attention. Understanding the situation is part of the problem.

How can you have nets when you see foul balls being caught 2 rows into the seats?

How about some personal accountability?