• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nets down the foul lines?

laagamer

i love going to the games and getting could balls, having players toss balls up to the kids.  Autographs before the game. The closeness of the game.  I have set behind home plate and I don't like watching the game from behind the net. I choose to sit between home plate and third where there is no net. If this was such a concern I can't figure out why these seats in every ballpark are not empty. Why do you have to place a net in front of me, take away the chance for my grandkids to get balls and autographs because you live your life in fear.

Hopefully nothing happens to your grandkids.

Too bad there's a law against dropping those same grandkids in the bed of a pickup truck and driving to the game. They are missing out on all of the fun others used to have.

Edited by CF8

How high and far do net proponents want nets?

When I went to a minor league park that had nets.  It's not that high at all.  About half the height of the net behind the plate, might even be lower than that.  And it didn't go down all the way down the line.  It stopped at or a bit past the end of the dugouts, kind of where the infield stops.

the entire stadium should be netted, with safety nets under each level for the fan the leans to far forward and falls off. My grandkids are in more danger walking to the car with all the drunks leaving the game.  Seriously, watching the game is not the part are worry about.

One person getting injured shouldn't require additional nets at baseball games. But at some number it has to be addressed. 

How many people get injured walking to the car after a game?

When I went to a minor league park that had nets.  It's not that high at all.  About half the height of the net behind the plate, might even be lower than that.  And it didn't go down all the way down the line.  It stopped at or a bit past the end of the dugouts, kind of where the infield stops.

Where was that? Rancho has nets above the dugouts, but they are only high enough to protect a few fans... maybe three rows?   I'm all for that and more at minor league games. There are so many kids right by the dugout... not necessarily supervised.  It's scary.   I still don't hear about many severe incidents, though.  

MLB is a different story. Pretty sure, the closest seats are normally further away.   As far as dangerous things in life go....   MMA, boxing, and football are a bit more dangerous.  Walking across some streets might be.  

I love sitting above the dugouts.  I wouldn't love it as much if there was a high net over them.  Not sure a low net would do much good.  

It doesn't sound like you are enjoying anything.

I enjoy the misery of the fans. I enjoy Cron showing he's a capable member of the lineup. I enjoy Trout, despite his struggles. I enjoy the embarrassing play. I enjoy Arte Moreno not winning a WS. He will make boatloads off this team. Kudos to him.

I enjoy life outside the Angels. We threw our four year old a wonderful birthday party this weekend. We are preparing to throw one for our 15 year old next weekend.

I've never been happier not enjoyed life more.

Where was that? Rancho has nets above the dugouts, but they are only high enough to protect a few fans... maybe three rows?   I'm all for that and more at minor league games. There are so many kids right by the dugout... not necessarily supervised.  It's scary.   I still don't hear about many severe incidents, though.  

MLB is a different story. Pretty sure, the closest seats are normally further away.   As far as dangerous things in life go....   MMA, boxing, and football are a bit more dangerous.  Walking across some streets might be.  

I love sitting above the dugouts.  I wouldn't love it as much if there was a high net over them.  Not sure a low net would do much good.  

It was when I was visiting in West Virginia.  From what i remember, it was a lot shorter than the backstop.  But the whole goal of the nets wasn't to protect fans from foul balls, more than to protect them from line drives.  So if you go all math and say at max, the swing will be 5 feet off the ground, line drive to protect the fans, probably doesn't have to be more than 10-15 feet from ground level?  And considering the stands are already elevated a few feet, with the dugouts probably 3-4 feet above that.  Might not need more than 5-6 feet of netting.

And while Angels stadium might not need the netting.  There are stadiums like Boston and Chicago that are probably closer to the action than the minor league parks that have them.  It'll be a trade off, but I think if MLB has it in some, they will mandate it be in all.  

Edited by gotbeer

How about safety nets so people don't fall out of the upper decks?

Hey.. maybe they should issue goalie helmets with full masks at the turnstiles?

Maybe the future will be sending our robots to the stadium in self driving cars ?

That way nobody can get hurt...