• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Last 3 Weeks

OregonLAA

Teams that can't hit very well and can't pitch very well tend to not be very good. I have some degree of confidence we can address the starting pitching issues in house next year. I think Richards improves, Heaney will be good, Tropeano will develop enormously and we can get enough out of Santiago/Shoemaker/Weaver/Wilson/Skaggs/Smith/Newcomb to have a pretty solid rotation. But the only way we see light at the end of the tunnel in terms of the offense is if we go out and find people to fill the holes in this crap shack. Second base, left field and catcher are all going to need serious upgrading.

Back to the original topic though, yes, this has been absolutely f**king brutal. 23 games ago I thought we were going to run away with this thing. Somehow, we're still in the race but it feels like we're 35 games back, not 3.5, because of how we've been playing.

117 games played @ 60-57 

No Angels team has ever made the playoffs without having at least 64 wins at this point. 

1979 ( 66-51 )

1882 ( 67-50 )

1986 ( 65-52 )

2002 ( 69-48 )

2004 ( 64-53 )

2005 ( 68-49 )

2007 ( 69-48 )

2008 ( 74-43 )

2009 ( 72-45 )

2014 ( 68-49 )

I'm still reeling from that heartbreaking series loss to the St. Louis Brown Stockings.

117 games played @ 60-57

No Angels team has ever made the playoffs without having at least 64 wins at this point.

1979 ( 66-51 )

1882 ( 67-50 )

1986 ( 65-52 )

2002 ( 69-48 )

2004 ( 64-53 )

2005 ( 68-49 )

2007 ( 69-48 )

2008 ( 74-43 )

2009 ( 72-45 )

2014 ( 68-49 )

In many of those years, there weren't as many playoff spots available, or wild cards. I wouldn't base a lot on this.

It is definitely the worst stretched Scioscia's tenure.

I don't know about you guys but I knew it was going to be a loss last night the moment Butera was walked.

Have been the worst Angels baseball I have ever watched. I was too young to remember 1995. All I remember was the last game. And I honestly can't think of a stretch this bad since. 2 series wins on miracles when the Angels played at home but the road games, they've gone 1-12 in the last 3 weeks!! That's ****ing terrible.

Edited by stormngt

I have this bad feeling that unless the Angels get their act together in future years, we're going to witness the downfall of Mike Trout. 

He has guaranteed money for a long time, lots of it, and no incentive to play at 110% because the rest of the team sucks. 

Its time to quit worrying about the sensitivities of Mike Trout.  He is just as responsible for this stretch of losing as anyone!