• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Confirmed

Chuck

Then you have an awful memory

Allow me to clarify. I started seriously watching Angels Baseball when Mo Vaughn was on the team. 

Edited by ScottLux

The team is still above .500 and still competing for BOTH the Wildcard and the Division. I too remember the bad 'ol days, and Mike Trout didn't even exist back then.

Chuck, lay off the sauce. I think living in Seattle is messing with your head.

Go Angels!

Living in Seattle has been a great experience, has nothing to do with it. The things that went down in the front office this season and the inconsistent play have been frustrating beyond belief. 

First off..I have been an Angels fan since the days of Bill Rigney and "Big Daddy Wags".

I grew up in that stadium. We weren't wealthy by any means, but my Dad had season seats from '67 till he passed in 2001. My parents used to drop me and a couple friends off and pick us up after the game...in those days you could drive from Huntington Beach to Anaheim in 20 mins, and that was before the 55 was even built!

I can (and do) bitch when things aren't going well, and I know everything about all the dull decades that were Angels baseball...but we had baseball! There were many high points mixed in with those dull decades, and I was there for 6 games in the 2002 playoffs, including Adam K's 3 homers vs Minn, and games 6 and 7 of the WS.

After almost a 1/2 decade this org isn't the new guy on the block anymore, and the expectations are, and should be, much higher than they were when the team was a baby in the league.

People telling others that they can't complain because they didn't suffer the bad times, is BS! Doesn't matter if they did (like me) or didn't, baseball is baseball, and the fans make the game, enjoying the highs and bemoaning the lows is what baseball is all about!

I had another point to make here, but after getting on my rant, I forgot what it was.

Have a nice day..

First off..I have been an Angels fan since the days of Bill Rigney and "Big Daddy Wags".

I grew up in that stadium. We weren't wealthy by any means, but my Dad had season seats from '67 till he passed in 2001. My parents used to drop me and a couple friends off and pick us up after the game...in those days you could drive from Huntington Beach to Anaheim in 20 mins, and that was before the 55 was even built!

I can (and do) bitch when things aren't going well, and I know everything about all the dull decades that were Angels baseball...but we had baseball! There were many high points mixed in with those dull decades, and I was there for 6 games in the 2002 playoffs, including Adam K's 3 homers vs Minn, and games 6 and 7 of the WS.

After almost a 1/2 decade this org isn't the new guy on the block anymore, and the expectations are, and should be, much higher than they were when the team was a baby in the league.

People telling others that they can't complain because they didn't suffer the bad times, is BS! Doesn't matter if they did (like me) or didn't, baseball is baseball, and the fans make the game, enjoying the highs and bemoaning the lows is what baseball is all about!

I had another point to make here, but after getting on my rant, I forgot what it was.

Have a nice day..

I believe your other point was to tell us that you're an old guy.

Meh.  Here's an idea.

Maybe you can get Arte to rent the site from you for some ridiculously overinflated amount - say 2.3 million over 8 years?  Then he can hire a fat italian to run the board.  Win win!

Meh... on second thought that would only work if this place was on the downswing of its lifespan.

Edited by hen3ry

Vegas Halo Fan:
""This is about the point where I would normally say that at least I have the Braves, but they suck this year, too.""

I've been following my NL team, and for the first time in a few long years, they ARE good. The cubs also have a manager I happen to like, so there's that too.

Wanna see exciting? Google up Rizzo's amazing catch last night.

Then there is this stat line on how amazingly patient the under 25 group has been at the plate in Chicago.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cubs-young-hitters-walk-lot-040008762.html

A few weeks ago, I posted that we have too many holes to make the playoffs....I still stand by that, my family thinks I am a fair weather fan.  Until our holes are filled at 3rd, LF, C we will struggle.  Our post all-star break numbers are killing us.  When September 1 rolls around, I would like to see us bring up Cowart and Kubitza and let them play on a regular basis at 3rd and LF respectively.  I could see us going with a six man rotation, give guys like Santiago, Heaney and Shoe some extra rest.

I also want to see Perez play just about everyday.  We need to see what we have, so that we can fill some holes if necessary this offseason.

What is wrong with you guys? I've really enjoyed the last couple of days.

Then again, I haven't watched one pitch of baseball. Good times.

I watched tje 9th inning tonight.

Don't know why you guys are all going apesh*t. We're looking good.

A few weeks ago, I posted that we have too many holes to make the playoffs....I still stand by that, my family thinks I am a fair weather fan.  Until our holes are filled at 3rd, LF, C we will struggle.  Our post all-star break numbers are killing us.  When September 1 rolls around, I would like to see us bring up Cowart and Kubitza and let them play on a regular basis at 3rd and LF respectively.  I could see us going with a six man rotation, give guys like Santiago, Heaney and Shoe some extra rest.

I also want to see Perez play just about everyday.  We need to see what we have, so that we can fill some holes if necessary this offseason.

You should watch some more baseball.  This team is good.  We have good batsmen and good pitchers.