• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Confirmed

Chuck

I feel like Ben Affleck's little brother when he realizes Matt Damon isn't riding with them any more.

How can you guys give up on this team? I want to be the Royals of this season. Not the team that wins 98 games and scores three runs in three games.

Thats the spirit. I want this years Angels to be like one of those teams that gets into the postseason who doesnt belong there, makes some noise and wins it all. Leaving fans on ____win.com to be upset and wonder how it happened.

I'm not giving up. I'm still watching. I'm just not sold on them being any sort of WS contender. I'm not even sure they make the playoffs but the AL is weak so that should keep them in the discussion. The roster just isn't that good IMO. I'm not even mad at that either because I sort of expected this season and next to be down years with the team. All of those big contracts theyv'e been dishing out that are backloaded....they're all coming to a head over these next 2 seasons which is eating up a huge chunk of their payroll(with not much to show for it production wise) and limiting their spending. They just need to get through this without any more stupid mistakes and the team can prosper going forward. They've built up the pitching staff with quality and cheap pitching. Next up is finding a way to do the same with the offense, which is a mess quite frankly. They need viable replacements in LF, 2B, 3B, C, and DH

I just don't think this team is very good.

What's weird is I think this team is pretty good. We have a lot of talent, we have some spark plugs, we have some experience, but it's just not being funneled into anything that's becoming productive. Sorry to say it Scioscia but I'm not sure what you're doing to motivate these guys to perform.

Who knows what happens behind closed doors, but it's time for these guys to be run like a business. Have a game plan. Have meetings, discussions, conversations, and GROW. I'm pretty sure these guys are out there to win, but it just doesn't seem like they're collaborating enough to get it done like a team. Because that's how to win.

At this point, I just want them to at least take 2 of 3 from the Dodgers in Sept. If they get swept again, I'll never hear the end if it from my friends. Forget the playoffs. Just don't get swept again.

The Dogs havent won anything since the 80's. Dogs fans are the last of my worries. If you were born after 88 just say "wait do you guys even have a world series?"

There's still a hot streak in them. At this point I'm more worried about the Rangers making a run. This is frustrating as hell to watch but you never know. And I'll probably still turn on the game every day like a jackass

Yeah, I could see the Rangers making a run, but not in the playoffs.  I can't see their pitching supporting performance against really good teams.  There's nothing jackass about watching the Angels.  It's frustrating because we can't control the outcome, or effect the strategy in any way.  The coaches and players want to excel just as much as the fans want to see them succeed, it's just that there are a lot of barriers to success in this game, including 29 other teams with the same goal.

I just don't think this team is very good. They were probably playing over their heads the first few months of the season.

The first couple of months, they played .500....and then they hit the 17-3 hot streak....been terrible since....Probably closer to the .500 team than the hot or cold streak....

Like i said, this team packed it in at the deadline. Only the super fans had any hope after we traded for the three stooges instead of some legit pieces.

I think we end up taking the same conservative approach this offseason as we did last offseason and at the deadline. With the lack of fire power in the AL I wish we would've geared up and made a run this season, but what's done is done. I think this organization is waiting for guys like Newcomb and Smith or Ellis to come up and help out the rotation before spending more on the offense.

i am ok with trade deadline....a few bats won't change the clutchness of mike or albert and the others...so would have been waste.

with you in that when they lose like this a game i dvr'd....i will just delete if i catch wind of them losing...again every pitcher we go against is a cy young contender.

football is starting....so bring it on.