• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 8/11 @ White Sox: Victorino leading off, Featherston at 3rd

Over under how many years before Pujols hits lower than 4.  I give it 2.  He is slowly becoming disgusting to watch. Home run or bust is no way to earn 25 million a year. His average and average with RISP is more pathetic than I could have ever imagined he'd hit here.  Did ANYONE on this message board or in real life think he would be this bad at age "35" or even close to this bad?

Most major league players are this bad, or worse, at 35, if they're even playing anymore.

May and June this year he was great, a .979 OPS.  Where did that guy go?

I am ready for a change. I just doubt it will result in much of a real difference.

I agree that the win/lose record may have no change but I suspect that there might be some beneficial long term changes occurring. A philosophical change throughout the franchise. One could only hope.

Ok so you're saying he chose this group of players? He chose not to improve the pen? Tell me how things change next season without Sosh.

After everything we have seen and heard over the years, you're still in denial?

cmon bro.

Edited by Poozy

After everything we have seen and heard over the years, you're still in denial?

cmon bro.

Poozy, read my posts, I am ready for a change. But you honestly think the "one running the organization" didn't want to improve his team? You'd have to be a complete ****ing moron to think that. Name a manager, ever, that didn't want to improve his 25 man roster. If he was running the team they would have mortgaged the farm for immediate improvements.

Rational, not crazy, baserunning. Accountability, not high fives, for screw ups.

Contact play obsolete

Better bullpen management

I could go on...

Yes better base running. A manager that holds his players accountable in the public eye which is what you want, is a shitty manager. Yes less Salas would be good.

Iannetta remains in the lineup when he's what, 3 for his last 30+?...good enough for Scioscia.  Must be his D...

Trout might want to consider engaging the first pitch from time to time, usually a centered fastball because they know he's lookin.  Just keep em honest.

Pujols, old, slow, and just awful, along with his 10yr contract bud Scioscia.

Poozy, read my posts, I am ready for a change. But you honestly think the "one running the organization" didn't want to improve his team? You'd have to be a complete ****ing moron to think that. Name a manager, ever, that didn't want to improve his 25 man roster. If he was running the team they would have mortgaged the farm for immediate improvements.

I never said Sosh didn't want to improve the team. So does every fan on angelswin, doesn't mean they're qualified to do so.

Seems like you're changing around the wording just to continue an argument.

Edited by Poozy

Iannetta remains in the lineup when he's what, 3 for his last 30+?...good enough for Scioscia.  Must be his D...

Trout might want to consider engaging the first pitch from time to time, usually a centered fastball because they know he's lookin.  Just keep em honest.

Pujols, old, slow, and just awful, along with his 10yr contract bud Scioscia.

probably because perez is the only other option and he's worse...

Yes better base running. A manager that holds his players accountable in the public eye which is what you want, is a shitty manager. Yes less Salas would be good.

I want anything but high-fives and smiles when they get back to the dugout after a screw up. Anything but.

They shouldn't be praised for their overaggressiveness and stupid decisions.

I want anything but high-fives and smiles when they get back to the dugout after a screw up. Anything but.

They shouldn't be praised for their overaggressiveness and stupid decisions.

This. Nobody is saying that Scisocia should be an ass and throw people under the bus during press conferences like Bobby Valentine used to do in the last several years of his career. But Discarcina and Griffin need to both be gone a long time ago, and congratulating players for foolishly "taking a risk" and running into outs needs to end as well. 

Edited by ScottLux

Stradling wrote

"I am ready for a change. I just doubt it will result in much of a real difference. "

You daily accuse others of being myopic and negative (or worse), yet you can't even try to imagine ANYTHING different under a new manager?

It's why I don't really bother answering your often snide, one line questions.

Why bother.

Good old Scioscia and his righty-lefty match ups. Does he ever as much as glance at actual numbers?

Featherston is batting .160 vs left-handers with 12 SO in 25 at-bats.

Because Scioscia is a dumb **** that thinks platoons are sexy. 

Hey Sosh, check out Featherston's hitting stats. Asshole! 

Call me a conspiracy theorest, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Scioscia is completely mailing it in. Could be a case of burnout or being distracted with personal matters like what happened with Josh Hamilton, I don't know. But some of these moves suggest he's not even bothering to read basic stat lines let alone read the scouting reports that he's not forwarding to the players. Scioscia would likely have no objection to Arte laying him off and allowing him to collect the remaining $15M on his contract. He could retire early or if he wanted to still work he could be a sports broadcaster or consultant while continuing to collect a check from Arte. 

Edited by ScottLux