• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Taliban stepping up its game

8 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

If I recall my history correctly, Alexander the Great was the only guy to have any decent success against these savages, and he got out of there quickly. 

George W. Bush was hopelessly naive to think the place could evolve into a Western type democracy. Never gonna happen.

Islamaphobe alert!!

9 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

If I recall my history correctly, Alexander the Great was the only guy to have any decent success against these savages, and he got out of there quickly. 

George W. Bush was hopelessly naive to think the place could evolve into a Western type democracy. Never gonna happen.

It was actually W who fucked this up. He handed Iraq to Malaki with no equal representation or constitutional protection for the Kurds and Sunnis. We all saw the result of that

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.ksl.com/article/46723634/us-taliban-set-peace-signing-for-americas-longest-war

Let’s hope this works out. I wish Trump would have gotten us out sooner instead of three years into his administration but I’ll take it. Better late than never and doing what Bush and Obama couldn’t do.

Also got a co-worker getting deployed in April for nine months to Afghanistan that just had a baby daughter a few months ago. Would like to see that not happen.

8 minutes ago, Kevin said:

https://www.ksl.com/article/46723634/us-taliban-set-peace-signing-for-americas-longest-war

Let’s hope this works out. I wish Trump would have gotten us out sooner instead of three years into his administration but I’ll take it. Better late than never and doing what Bush and Obama couldn’t do.

Also got a co-worker getting deployed in April for nine months to Afghanistan that just had a baby daughter a few months ago. Would like to see that not happen.

An old joke about the Soviet military in Afghanistan: It took them ten years to realize they couldn't drive a tank up a 20,000 foot mountain.

10 hours ago, Kevin said:

Well look at the timing of it - It's just a maneuver to get re-elected, nothing more. If you read between the lines it clearly leaves an opening for the US to stay there if Trump gets re-elected which is exactly what's going to happen. 

22 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Well look at the timing of it - It's just a maneuver to get re-elected, nothing more. If you read between the lines it clearly leaves an opening for the US to stay there if Trump gets re-elected which is exactly what's going to happen. 

I find the timing to be suspicious as well in an election year and unfortunately people have died because of politics once again. Trump is part of the establishment whether his supporters can admit it or not.

But if he gets us out, I’ll be happy. Doesn’t mean I vote for him. 

11 hours ago, Kevin said:

I’m skeptical that this works out the way we want it to. It’s hard to expect much when you sign a deal with terrorists 

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

I find the timing to be suspicious as well in an election year and unfortunately people have died because of politics once again. Trump is part of the establishment whether his supporters can admit it or not.

But if he gets us out, I’ll be happy. Doesn’t mean I vote for him. 

Even if he did this two years ago it would be still be good campaign stuff for him. If this fails at this point then it could actually hurt his campaign. 

15 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Will Trump raise a "Mission Accomplished" banner if this succeeds?

No, he's not that subtle. 

He'll announce that the troops have officially been pulled out of the middle East in a giant projector over Trump tower while Ted Nugent plays a live concert in Times Square and $2 billion worth of fireworks get shot off at once and "God Bless America" gets played on every TV and radio station in the country and every gun owner in the country is given immunity to shoot their guns into the sky and the largest projector ever created (made by NASA, costing roughly $18 billion) will project the American flag into the sky and it can be seen all the way in Nebraska. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

No, he's not that subtle. 

He'll announce that the troops have officially been pulled out of the middle East in a giant projector over Trump tower while Ted Nugent plays a live concert in Times Square and $2 billion worth of fireworks get shot off at once and "God Bless America" gets played on every TV and radio station in the country and every gun owner in the country is given immunity to shoot their guns into the sky and the largest projector ever created (made by NASA, costing roughly $18 billion) will project the American flag into the sky and it can be seen all the way in Nebraska. 

This better not interrupt American Pickers