• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We didn't do it sexy, but we got a TON better today!

Chuck

I still have no idea how I'm making these moves on The Show. I already moved Joyce to AAA and now the Angels add 2 more OFers. I guess I'll move Murphy and a bp arm to the minors. Or maybe Morin and a lefty will be sent down?

Navarro was called up today when Kubicza was sent down. joyce went on DL and Victorino added to roster. I would imagine Navarro goes back down and they are carrying twelve pitchers right now so one of them will be sent out.

Chuck must be reading my twitter feed :P my thoughts exactly.  Excellent moves and very frugal.

Haven't been on Twitter since a few hours ago. Try to stay away from there unless I'm promoting the site or connecting with the very few I like on there. 

Navarro was called up today when Kubicza was sent down. joyce went on DL and Victorino added to roster. I would imagine Navarro goes back down and they are carrying twelve pitchers right now so one of them will be sent out.

Yeah, he's like. "Damn, I just got here, now back to Salt Lake?"

No major prospects dealt, but good hitters that will help this lineup going forward. 

I'm super stoked that we both have a shot at the AL West Title AND, we have a future going forward.

Thank you, Bill Stoneman. You didn't go for the big splash! 

The beauty of it is that if everything goes in the tank -- they lost nothing....  absolutely nothing.    And if Murphy does well, they have an option on him for next year at 7 mil per.   Dirt cheap.

I didn't know about Navarro. I hope the Angels can keep overcoming the hole at 3rd.

Speaking of sexy, our prospect list going into next year looks solid. At least a TON better than the past few years, especially with the emergence of Cowart, who I'm told team wanted in trade for bigger bats. 

By the way Stoneman oversaw the best years in Angels baseball and this is how.  He built a very balanced roster and it fitted Scioscia's style perfectly.  He could play match ups and platoon up and down the lineup.

It is also how the Angels once had a very strong farm system.  All of these moves are fringe minor leaguers that at best were going to be roster filler for DL moves.

Speaking of sexy, our prospect list going into next year looks solid. At least a TON better than the past few years, especially with the emergence of Cowart, who I'm told team wanted in trade for bigger bats. 

I would hope the Angels didn't not make a deal because they wanted to keep Cowart. I understand that David Murphy has been figured out this month after 9 years in the bigs...but I wouldn't be all that confident that Cowart finally figured it out after 5+ shitty years in the minors. If the alternative was a young controllable bat for 2-3 years or Cowart...you take the bat.