• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We didn't do it sexy, but we got a TON better today!

Chuck

Agreed. Don't need to chase the big names every time. Today the club made smart decisions that improved the club without hurting themselves when it comes to their farm system

Murphy/Victorino platoon in LF will combine to give them above average play which is a massive improvement over what they've currently gotten from that position all year long. DeJesus helps give them more depth when it comes to the bench

Now they need to find a 7th inning guy IMO

Nothing wrong at all with the moves as they give us average players who are upgrades over the garbage they'll replace.

That said as much as I didn't expect the Angels to get a big name as usual I read the articles/threads about better and more expensive players available and had a sliver of hope the Angels would end up with one of them.  

Love it. I'm digging Cowart, our arms and future prospects our still here. Our current roster, still here. 

If you go all in and mortgage our thin farm and FAIL, you suck not only in October, but the next few to several years. 

If there wasn't a long term OF bat available without giving up guys like Newcomb, than this is your best move. Solid upgrades who make the team better this year without mortgaging the future or hamstringing the team with a bad contract. Team suddenly has a lot more depth, and they aren't DH'ing someone in the Featherstone zone (who I imagine is about ready to come down with a sore neck and will have to go on the DL about the time Freese is ready to come back).

In October you win with average players who know how to work counts.

Im glad the organization finally started listening to me. Good work Stoneman.

Thought you said the league figured Murphy out? And isn't he going to play 2B after we trade Gia?

If there wasn't a long term OF bat available without giving up guys like Newcomb, than this is your best move. Solid upgrades who make the team better this year without mortgaging the future or hamstringing the team with a bad contract. Team suddenly has a lot more depth, and they aren't DH'ing someone in the Featherstone zone (who I imagine is about ready to come down with a sore neck and will have to go on the DL about the time Freese is ready to come back).

This was the thing. The Brewers and Reds wanted ELITE prospects for their outfielders. The Tigers are NOT trading Cespedes unless their collective skirts are pulled down and given a big DONG. They think they're still in it.

Amaro is a dumbass and wants the moon for Revere, but to be honest, Gia is just a tick down from Revere from the leadoff spot -- but they wanted a TOP prospect for him. - Pass. 

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/instagraphs/angels-stockpile-platoon-outfielders/

the Angels basically got two decent part-time big leaguers for nothing of real value. These aren’t the sexiest additions of the week, but they should improve an Angels team that needed these upgrades, and they come at essentially no cost.

Perhaps we acquire a frontline starter now?

I don't think Samardzija, Latos or another pitcher who can be a part of a playoff rotation would be out of the question.... Not a high priority but these moves today supplement our already above average offense so spending our capital in pitching isn't crazy to make this team better.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/instagraphs/angels-stockpile-platoon-outfielders/

the Angels basically got two decent part-time big leaguers for nothing of real value. These aren’t the sexiest additions of the week, but they should improve an Angels team that needed these upgrades, and they come at essentially no cost.

All of this and every bit of it. 

Perhaps we acquire a frontline starter now?

I don't think Samardzija, Latos or another pitcher who can be a part of a playoff rotation would be out of the question.... Not a high priority but these moves today supplement our already above average offense so spending our capital in pitching isn't crazy to make this team better.

We don't need one now since Shoemaker is looking good. Unfortunately we're stuck with Weaver.

That's our biggest weakness outside of a mediocre C situation and Freese being on the DL.

This team was just revamped for the long haul and I like it.