• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Most amazing stat of the sweep

Cron faced spring training level pitching all weekend.

Probably some truth to that....not expecting this past weekend all the time but if he can just be decent, he's an upgrade over what we've had at DH and LF so far....

Edited by DMVol

Uh oh, I just thought of something. Remember BDP (before Dipoto), we never really made trades at the deadline to add offense. It seemed year in and year out our offense would struggle, then a couple weeks before the trade deadline our offense would blow up and score a ton of runs giving us a false sense of security, only to go back to mediocre after the deadline. This weekend could be the start of that.

We smacked them around last season and, so far, gave them a good shot to the teeth this year winning 7 of the first 9.  I'll never forget in 2012 how we were chasing them around late July 2012, won the first twp games fo the series and were poised to win the third when Frieri melted down with a Kinsler HR in the 9th and a Cruz HR in the 10th with Isringhausen allowing the finishing blow to Andrus.  Angels got shelled the final game lost momentum the rest of the season.  2013 saw a bunch of walk-off wins in a row and the late season beatdown that prevented a .500 record.

Now, if only we could start doing this to OAK...

Not sure if this weekend was about the Angels finally removing their collective heads or the Rangers just suck that bad. Either way, this should be some positive momentum for the guys that have been struggling. Then the All Star break can de rail the whole thing

Uh oh, I just thought of something. Remember BDP (before Dipoto), we never really made trades at the deadline to add offense. It seemed year in and year out our offense would struggle, then a couple weeks before the trade deadline our offense would blow up and score a ton of runs giving us a false sense of security, only to go back to mediocre after the deadline. This weekend could be the start of that.

As much fun as this past weekend was, I am trying not to read too much into it. This team has been so consistently awful offensively apart from Trout and Pujols that three games out of 162 are not enough to sell me.

We smacked them around last season and, so far, gave them a good shot to the teeth this year winning 7 of the first 9.  I'll never forget in 2012 how we were chasing them around late July 2012, won the first twp games fo the series and were poised to win the third when Frieri melted down with a Kinsler HR in the 9th and a Cruz HR in the 10th with Isringhausen allowing the finishing blow to Andrus.  Angels got shelled the final game lost momentum the rest of the season.  2013 saw a bunch of walk-off wins in a row and the late season beatdown that prevented a .500 record.

Now, if only we could start doing this to OAK...

Was that the game where Pujols/Iannetta hit homers to tie the game/take us into extra innings?

To be fair: three games put of 84.

As much fun as this past weekend was, I am trying not to read too much into it. This team has been so consistently awful offensively apart from Trout and Pujols that three games out of 162 are not enough to sell me.

Was that the game where Pujols/Iannetta hit homers to tie the game/take us into extra innings?

Actually, Ianetta and Pujols hit HRs in a 3 run top of the 10th after Frieri gave up the 1-run lead in the bottom of the 9th. Texas proceeded to score 4 runs in the bottom of the 10th to win and took the next game 15-9. Turned a potential winning series, maybe even a sweep if we don't lose momentum, to a 4 game split.