• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

KROQ's Top 500 songs

I love rush too. Was going to go next week but booked a vacation instead. Came close to going to Vegas tonight.

Geddy sings like a grandma now.

Had a few friends who went last night in Vegas. All said it was terrific. Except that Geddy's voice was so high he made Timothy B. Schmit sound like Tom Araya.

I'm about the only person I know who likes Death Magnetic. Yeah, Metallica sold out (and I agree with Brandon about selling out) a while ago but DM was as good as you could hope for.

I like it. I also like Load and Reload.

Haters gonna hate.

I like it. I also like Load and Reload.

Haters gonna hate.

Reload is pretty weak. Bad Seed is a terrible terrible song.

Oh and Fuel. To think that James was once the guy who realized how awful a car metaphor song was and changed Mechanix to The Four Horseman.

Death Magnetic was better than I thought to expect, but the mastering was awful, James' voice is basically gone, and it suffers from "here are 5 riffs and now they are a song, because metal".

Metallica did Load/ReLoad to try to fit in with what was popular at the time. Grunge had taken over and they wanted to fit in with "alternative" music. No doubt Lars' steering of the ship was the result of his fascination with bands like Oasis. It is unfortunate that they didn't stick to their guns and realize that their legacy had already been established through their first four albums and that metal would return to popularity.

Edited by Ray McKigney

Metallica did Load/ReLoad to try to fit in with what was popular at the time. Grunge had taken over and they wanted to fit in with "alternative" music. No doubt Lars' steering of the ship was the result of his fascination with bands like Oasis. It is unfortunate that they didn't stick to their guns and realize that their legacy had already been established through their first four albums and that metal would return to popularity.

Who cares though? Does the fact that they tried to "fit in" or whatever automatically make the music bad?

Maybe it's because I grew up during that era and the 2nd album I ever heard from them was Reload but to me it's just a non-issue. You either like the music or you don't. The motives behind it don't mean shit.

Who cares though? Does the fact that they tried to "fit in" or whatever automatically make the music bad?

Maybe it's because I grew up during that era and the 2nd album I ever heard from them was Reload but to me it's just a non-issue. You either like the music or you don't. The motives behind it don't mean shit.

I guess it's just a generational thing. I grew up when Master of Puppets and ...And Justice for All were released. Metallica were the metal kings at that time. For them to start playing music that was specifically targeted toward the KROQ crowd seemed insane to me (and a lot of other people too). From that point forward, it just seems like they were doing it for the money. Personally, I think 95% of what they've released after AJFA is complete crap. Death Magnetic has a couple of good songs, but the entire album sounds cut and pasted to me. There's no fluidity there at all. Just my opinion.

I guess it's just a generational thing. I grew up when Master of Puppets and ...And Justice for All were released. Metallica were the metal kings at that time. For them to start playing music that was specifically targeted toward the KROQ crowd seemed insane to me (and a lot of other people too). From that point forward, it just seems like they were doing it for the money. Personally, I think 95% of what they've released after AJFA is complete crap. Death Magnetic has a couple of good songs, but the entire album sounds cut and pasted to me. There's no fluidity there at all. Just my opinion.

Agree.  Plus one of the songs on DM had the lyric "Love is a four letter word"

That is the point when you know any creative efforts were thrown out the door.

I love MetallicA but I might as well throw Load and Reload in the garbage as I never listen to them and they are truly cringworthy albums as far as im concerned. Especially after getting used to listening to their first 5 releases I was like "what the hell is this crap??"

I thought Death Magnetic was about as good as they could possibly be releasing new material.

Also, MetallicA puts on a hell of a show so if you guys have never seen them in concert I suggest you go. They truly care about their fans and at the end of every show James says "Don't forget, MetallicA loves you" which I always thought was a very nice way to call it a night.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'm with you. Not my favorites but definitely along the top played KROQ anthems.

I guess there are so many songs I feel aren't on here from the early 80s. I remember when shake the disease was the number 1 song in 84 or 85. That song was so massive.

There were a lot of one hit wonders too that aren't on here. Oh well.

The one hit wonders from the 80's that immediately come to mind that I would've thought to make a list of top 500 KROQ songs:

Some people here may have a fetish for this next one...