• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

KROQ's Top 500 songs

Lars is a douchebag.  I was a huge Metallica fan until the black album and later the whole Napster thing.

Sad because Kill Em All, RTL, Puppets and Justice were great.  RTL and Puppets are probably in my top 20.

Death Magnetic (their most recent album) was good too, they tried to go back to their roots.

I like all of Metallica's work, obviously, their first four albums stand out for me, but I certainly don't begrudge the commercial success of the Black Album.

As far as Lars and the whole Napster thing, yeah, he's a d-bag, but he did have a point that artists need to be properly compensated for their work. It's an issue that some other artists have raised, (notably Pink Floyd and Taylor Swift) especially since the rise of music streaming services.

The whole streaming thing is a trip. One of the bands I like posted a pic of a check they got from Spotify. Shit was seriously two bucks and change.

I don't even know how money is made anymore in music. It's like, as an artist, you have to either get a ridiculous record deal or just be on the road nonstop slanging merch and cds out of your trunk to make a buck.

Top bands make over 1 million per show.  Even split 5 ways that is a lot of money.

http://priceonomics.com/how-much-does-it-cost-to-book-your-favorite-band/

Those were interesting numbers. I figured One Direction would be quite a bit higher than 150-200k. But then, they're selling out football stadiums that hold anywhere from 50-90,000 people. Would be curious to know how much they make after expenses.

Those were interesting numbers. I figured One Direction would be quite a bit higher than 150-200k. But then, they're selling out football stadiums that hold anywhere from 50-90,000 people. Would be curious to know how much they make after expenses.

Not much after you factor in the hair product.

I did see that they were one of the top earners Tank.

I mean there is a reason why these people own 30 million dollar houses and it isn't album sales on itunes.

yep, saw a report recently that said they were the #4 money earner in entertainment last year, making something like $130 million.

they're now on their third north american tour in four years. they've also been to asia and europe a couple of times. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hearing all you guys gush about The Smiths made me start listening to them. Never really into the new-wave music of the 80's, I was young and listening to lame-ass hair bands like Poison, Def Leppard and Whitesnake. 

I can see why they were/are so popular. Overall, the band is really solid, however is it just me or does anyone else not like Morrissey?  His nasally voice, constant tonal inflection, and overly-dramatic crooning gets to me after a while.  They're a great band, but I wonder how they would be without him.  I know I'll get flamed for this, but JMO and I'd like to hear others thoughts on him.