• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

KROQ's Top 500 songs

Chevelle is a band I never gave a chance. Someone once told me that if I liked the Deftones (I do greatly) that I should check them out. I think this was the Napster/Limewire days so I burned their album, but burning a ton of others just never really listened to multiple times. I remember kind of liking it or at least thinking the recommendation from whoever mentioned them was a good one.

I may check them out over the weekend if I remember to. I vaguely remember some radio tracks that were cool, plus another song or two from the first album.

Seems like you stand a pretty good chance at liking them since you enjoy that genre. You do have to be willing to listen to any of their albums a few times. Everyone is different but it typically takes me three listens before it clicks. But they're one of those bands that have songs with long lasting shelf lives. That's what separates them from a lot of bands in the genre, IMO.

Or they just wanted to create a reason to have a long ass playlist so most of the company could take off for the holiday weekend, let ride out, and give us dolts something to debate over on Monday morning.

I bet there is some dude that purposely puts a song or band in a certain place just to troll everyone.

Chevelle is playing at some county fair about an hour north of me. We never get anything decent around here so we might be going to that. I used to love their old stuff but haven't heard anything new.

Also, I absolutely love Queens of the Stone Age. If you've never heard them, listen to "Songs for the Deaf". One of the greatest albums ever. Grohl helped out and played drums on that album and it made me forever believe that he is one of the best drummers of my generation.

I'm not saying this to disparage the station as it is now, nor the artists they play..  But KROQ stopped being "K-ROQ!!!" a long long time ago... 

The KROQ you guys remember likely reached it's zenith at 1988's Depeche Mode's Concert for the Masses -- KROQ drove that thing, it was pretty epic..   Not long after that Rick Carroll passed away, the DJ's lost a lot of their autonomy and they became much more corporate.  I'm guessing it's massively more profitable these days than back then -- but when they moved away from what had made them "the World Famous KROQ", they simply became KROQ, an LA radio station.

I still listen to KROQ and 91X over the net....   I don't know the call letters for a single Miami radio station.