• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Grading Jerry Dipoto: It's mostly passing marks for moves during 3 1/2-year term as Angels GM

It's not so much about who resigned, it's more about the circumstances.  Some (incl me) believe Dipoto was between the proverbial rock (Moreno) and hard spot (Scioscia).  Scioscia runs the show, there can be little doubt about that now.  He continues to whine about Dipoto dumping his bud Hatcher.  As some suspected at the time, they were never going to be a team after that. 

Life goes on and Dipoto will find another job. 

It's not so much about who resigned, it's more about the circumstances.  Some (incl me) believe Dipoto was between the proverbial rock (Moreno) and hard spot (Scioscia).  Scioscia runs the show, there can be little doubt about that now.  He continues to whine about Dipoto dumping his bud Hatcher.  As some suspected at the time, they were never going to be a team after that. 

Life goes on and Dipoto will find another job. 

If Scioscia runs the show then how was Hatcher dumped? 

I bet against it. Revisit this a couple years. Let's see who is right.

JD is respected so another GM would higher on his staff. So he won't be out of baseball. But any owner would be reluctant to hire a guy who quits mid season. Remember the owners will he hearing Moreno's side of the story. We just hear Dipoto's. Or the speculates version of Dipoto's.

He will be a GM this offseason or next.

• 2 months later...

JD is respected so another GM would higher on his staff. So he won't be out of baseball. But any owner would be reluctant to hire a guy who quits mid season. Remember the owners will he hearing Moreno's side of the story. We just hear Dipoto's. Or the speculates version of Dipoto's.

Or, you and Strad can revisit it this year. 

Mostly failing marks for the Anti-Dipoto, Pro-Scioscia contingent on AW.

When Scioscia is out of here, we can revisit the question of whether HE gets another managers job, or doesn't. 

I highly doubt Scioscia would have trouble finding another job if he was let go after this season.  He probably would struggle to find a similar situation but a job could be found without a problem

I highly doubt Scioscia would have trouble finding another job if he was let go after this season.  He probably would struggle to find a similar situation but a job could be found without a problem

I'm not entirely sure about that.

If he is let go this offseason then he has earned a reputation as a manager that is hard to work with, and who is dismissive of analytics. There won't be too many front offices where that is going to fly. 

Obviously there are still spots out there who would take him in a heartbeat, but there will need to be openings there, and these old school front offices are already an endangered species.

Now can we revisit this? Or should we wait until the offseason?

I'm not entirely sure about that.

If he is let go this offseason then he has earned a reputation as a manager that is hard to work with, and who is dismissive of analytics. There won't be too many front offices where that is going to fly.

Obviously there are still spots out there who would take him in a heartbeat, but there will need to be openings there, and these old school front offices are already an endangered species.

He would be the number one free agent manager on the market when he becomes available.