• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SCOTUS: The Supreme Court just handed Obama a significant loss on one of his biggest environmental initiatives

The Supreme Court just handed Obama a significant loss on one of his biggest environmental initiatives

Pretty much, people's health is secondary to costs.  for instance, if a coal burning plant emits enough pollution to cause $100 billion in health damage, but it will cost $110 billion to fix that emission, then they shouldn't need to fix it since the cost exceeds the benefit.  

One of the problems with politics today is that there is rarely any compromise or middle ground.  Obama, as has been his way, trying to circumvent the legislature again by using the EPA as a law making entity.

This cannot work.

On the other hand, the legislature needs to get its act together and pass some stuff. 

There should have been some middle ground that we could have come to.  Major tax breaks that would supplement the cost of the the regulations for the companies that follow them.

Or how about those companies either figure out a way to make their product/do business without ruining our country or tell them to GTFO?

Give these assholes more money in their pockets? nah that's ok.

Not a fan of more government law (as you know) but if this is going to happen, it needs to happen the right way.

I made one.  Give major tax breaks to companies that voluntarily comply.

Of course that would mean that all of the stupid corporate tax breaks already out there be nixed.

Also, if you want law passed.  It should go through the legislature, as the constitution was designed.

Of course that would mean that all of the stupid corporate tax breaks already out there be nixed.

Also, if you want law passed.  It should go through the legislature, as the constitution was designed.

I just don't think giving tax breaks works.  They will do the minimum required to get the tax break and there will be too many loopholes.

I think a fine works best because it drives competition.  The first company that innovates a way to avoid the fine will be able to provide lower prices and significantly improve business.

I just don't think giving tax breaks works.  They will do the minimum required to get the tax break and there will be too many loopholes.

I think a fine works best because it drives competition.  The first company that innovates a way to avoid the fine will be able to provide lower prices and significantly improve business.

Wouldn't the same motivation apply?  Wouldn't the company do the minimum required to avoid the fine?

Make the tax break progressive to the amount of voluntary compliance. 

Or how about those companies either figure out a way to make their product/do business without ruining our country or tell them to GTFO?

They have.  They make their products/do business and ruin other people's countries.  

Suck it, China! 

Go 'Merica! 

Not much option when it comes to money.

Using tax incentives won't work as long as they can twist the tax code to their liking by other means. The only way seems to be to point at the pile on the rug and run their noses directly into it as you smack them with the newspaper. Doesn't work on puppies but might work on corporations.

It seems lately that two of the three branches are legislating. The president and the courts are legislating at will, while the Congress is

asleep.

Edited by fan_since79