• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

You know what a good feeling is?

Being in Vegas, going to the sports book, and seeing Ducks -1 1/2  +215.

That was a nice $100 bet to get $315 back. 

Oh, and then my messages from my Kings friends were the icing on the cake.  And the fact that they hate Perry makes me smile a bit. 

And don't shoot me because I jinxed our boys.  But how the hell could I pass up the Ducks +1400 to win the Stanley cup.  Put $20 on them to get $300 back. 

Where are they still +1400?  When I was in Vegas a couple weeks ago PH had them at +1200.  I bet them at +900 to start the year and would love to get some action at +1400.

Where are they still +1400?  When I was in Vegas a couple weeks ago PH had them at +1200.  I bet them at +900 to start the year and would love to get some action at +1400.

Westgate had them at +1000, Venetian had them at +1200, Wynn had them at +1400 still as of last night.

Deadline Dealing: Summing Up Anaheim's Moves on Trade Deadline Day

On trading Patrick Maroon to Edmonton

[Edmonton GM Peter Chiarelli] and I have discussed certain types of players for a long time. When we made a couple of moves here today, we had too many forwards here basically, so Patrick was available. I called Peter, and it kind of fits into what he’s trying to add to the organization there, so he moved pretty quickly. This is a good move for Patrick Maroon, and that’s kind of what I was looking for when I did it.

he's not an all star or anything but he's a lot better then Pat Maroon. Good nose for the net and a strong forechecker. Can pop some goals in. He should fit in well with Rakell and Perry.

Favorite thing about McGinn; dude goes to the dirty areas. He's a better skater than Maroon by a mile, too.

This is funny.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25492911/nhl-trade-deadline-rumor-mill-updating-the-latest-trade-chatter

Feb. 28 The Panthers are seeking a second-rounder or a package of a third- and forth-round pick from potential suitors for forward Brandon Pirri according to TSN's Gary Lawless. The Devils, Rangers, Oilers and Ducks are all in the running, Lawless reparts.

Murray does not panic.  He could probably make Derek flinch at poker.

maroon is no loss at all.

great guy, just no spot for him.

mcginn is the same player but with actual finishing skill.

i love those moves.

keep chemistry / roster players, don't mortgage future, add depth and options.

in the offseson we trade vatanen and freddie,

Remember when Chicago won their first cup with Niemi & then they got rid of him ? (but by letting him leave as a free agent).

Chicago won a cup with Niemi & then they let him walk cause they have Crawford & the Ducks have Gibson.

The Ducks could win the cup with Freddie & then get a big return with trading him (some team will overpay).

If the Ducks win the Cup this year, they definately need to trade for prospects/picks to reload like Chicago has done.

At that point they build around their core of Getzlaf/Perry/Lindholm/Rakell/Fowler/Kesler/Gibson.

I'm guessing once Pirri is healthy, he will be with Getz and Perron. McGinn should slot right in with Perry and Raks.

What is the likelihood of bringing McGinn back next year?

Pretty close to zero, I'd guess. We have plenty of key pieces we need to bring back and need the cap room to do it. I imagine we get scoring help by trading a D-Man and Freddie.

Edited by Oz27

i dont think its impossible that McGinn gets retained.  Murray isn't big on rentals.  He's still fairly young and he probably wont cost much more then Maroons 2 million or whatever. I'd say he gets something in the 3 or 3.5 million range.  A lot depends on what happens with our RFA's and of course how well McGinn performs and fits in with the team.

Edited by UndertheHalo

i dont think its impossible that McGinn gets retained.  Murray isn't big on rentals.  He's still fairly young and he probably wont cost much more then Maroons 2 million or whatever. I'd say he gets something in the 3 or 3.5 million range.  A lot depends on what happens with our RFA's and of course how well McGinn performs and fits in with the team.

Don't forget.  With the way he is playing.  Perron is making a strong case for being retained also. 

Don't forget.  With the way he is playing.  Perron is making a strong case for being retained also. 

yea man, I mean Perron has definitely made an impression.  Word was he was looking for a pretty big deal tho.  We'll see what he's fishing for.  Not trying to be contrarian, but of course the other side here is that the Ducks forward core is largely 30+  we have a smallish window to win a cup... Maybe 2 more years beyond this one IMO. At some point they will need to look at focusing on getting the Kesler/Getzlaf/Perry replacements.  Perron is not old, 27 but if he wants 5 million + those are numbers that would make it difficult for the Ducks to be flexible.  Same deal with McGinn, it just depends what they want.

Edited by UndertheHalo