• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

My main thing is that we have Pat Maroon and Mike Santorelli playing on our top 2 lines. Well, often on our top two lines. Santorelli is fine as a fill in as he's fast and has a little bit of skill. Pat Maroon tho, I know Ducks fans like him but he's not a very good hockey player. He should not be playing with with Perry and Rakell. Once and while he shows a little bit of skill. I didn't say he wasn't an NHL player, but he's definitely not a top line player. We can and should do a lot better then him on that pairing. I just look at what the best teams in the league are rolling and would feel a lot better having another legit top 6 guy. Maybe I'm wrong, the Ducks are playing unreal hockey right now. I just hope that doesn't make us blind to opportunities to fill needs. This is a cup or bust year.

Edited by UndertheHalo

My main thing is that we have Pat Maroon and Mike Santorelli playing on our top 2 lines. Well, often on our top two lines. Santorelli is fine as a fill in as he's fast and has a little bit of skill. Pat Maroon tho, I know Ducks fans like him but he's not a very good hockey player. He should not be playing with with Perry and Rakell. Once and while he shows a little bit of skill. I didn't say he wasn't an NHL player, but he's definitely not a top line player. We can and should do a lot better then him on that pairing. I just look at what the best teams in the league are rolling and would feel a lot better having another legit top 6 guy. Maybe I'm wrong, the Ducks are playing unreal hockey right now. I just hope that doesn't make us blind to opportunities to fill needs. This is a cup or bust year.

If they cant get a forward thats worth trading Vatanen for, they could try countering that weakness by bringing up Theodore & running 3 D-Pairings that feature goal scoring D-men so that every shift they have D-men with goal scoring potential.

as well as having 2 really good PP D-pairings.

PP 1: Vatanen/Theodore

PP 2: Lindholm/Fowler

Bob Murray seemed to indicate that he was perhaps interested in signing Vatanen.  I'd be OK with trading him because of Theodore but I don't see why Murray couldn't swing a deal to get someone without trading Vatanen.  Agreed that bringing up Theodore would improve the power play.

Agreed. Larsson or Montour could be used to acquire a forward especially given the Ducks rep on producing quality Defensemen.

Agreed. Larsson or Montour could be used to acquire a forward especially given the Ducks rep on producing quality Defensemen.

I beginning to balk at the thought of trading Larsson now. Dude just played 25 minutes with a goal in his last game, all while playing for the SHL's second best club at 19 years old. Maybe the Ducks should go with an all Swedish d-core? Jokes aside, Larsson is looking real, real good for his draft +1 year.

Twitterverse says that the Ducks and Lightning are deep in talks for Drouin/Vats swap. On a Ducks board I read, rumor is that Vats wants a 6 year deal for $6 mil per !? That is insane! 

Just confirmed that Ducks and Lightning indeed deep in talks surrounding Drouin and "likely" Vatanen. #Ducks #Lightning

That is the tweet from Jimmy Murphy on twitter. I have no idea who he is.

I continue to think that Drouin would be a great get. So hopefully there is something to the rumors. The last one I saw last night that seemed legit was from former GM and current NHL network analyst Brian Lawton. As of last night the strong suspicion was that TB had 5 offers on the table that they were deciding between. Thought was that there was a good chance they would make a decision today. Of course, we heard similar rumors from guys like Pierre LeBrun in January, so we'll see. I've never heard of this Jimmy Murphy so I don't really know what to make of that. I do know there's a lot of false stuff floating around the twitters right now. Fingers crossed I guess. Drouin would be a fantastic going forward move for the Ducks. Might help a little bit this year also.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Perron is proving to be a Kings' slayer. Gibby plays great against the Kings, as well. Perry with a nice hat trick! Two points back with one in hand, right? What an amazing turn around this has been. Awesome win tonight boys!

Trade deadline tomorrow at noon PST. I'm curious as to what is gonna happen.

Trade deadline tomorrow at noon PST. I'm curious as to what is gonna happen.

I've come around to the "we will stand pat" camp but it wouldn't be stunning to see us do something. If we do, I'm expecting a deal along the lines of the Perron/Garbutt trades rather than anything massive.