• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

Yeah, I agree.  It's going to come down to price on him.  If the Ducks can convince him to stay for a 3 year $4-4.5 million deal, which he made $4.5 million.  Just due to the club environment, winning, Southern California weather in the winter (which seems to be a big thing for those guys that are from up north), winning.  Yes, I said it twice, because I like winning.  Then it might be doable. 

Of course, if we can get a huge prospect haul for Fowler, that would clear $4 off the books.  And talking about Fowler.  He has 2 years @ $4 million left on his contract after this season, then he becomes an UFA.  I think it's safe to say, that after the 2 years is up, the Ducks won't be able to afford him.  Maybe this offseason is the time to sell?  Theodore has already shown he belongs up at the big club. 

interesting thoughts on Fowler, He would get a significant haul but he's on an extremely team friendly contract relative to the player he can be (when playing well...he's coming around finally) So its kind of scary to trade him.  That said, lets say we're all really happy in June and the Ducks get another cup.  Maybe you do think about starting a reload via moving Fowler.  I think personally, unless i'm just blown away by some offer I hold onto Cam Fowler and see if he can be retained.  Like you said, there is seemingly an appeal in the NHL world to playing here in southern California and Cam has spent his entire career as a Duck.  He's as likely a candidate to give a hometown discount as any.   He'll still be pretty young as a UFA.  If we can keep Lindholm and Fowler together that is a lot of insurance on the blue line.  Especially in an NHL environment where mobile puck carrying defensemen are probably the most important component of any team trying to win.  Moreover, Fowler is a vet its gonna take Theodore and certainly guys like Montour and Larson some time to gather the seasoning that Fowler has now.   Anyway, lets see what happens.  Who knows what ends up happening with Lindholm and Vatanen.  A lot of moving parts that massively impact what you do with a guy like Fowler down the road.  Perron as well.

i also like winning :)

Edited by UndertheHalo

depending on how he looks in the playoffs, i would be fine giving perron that hagelin $$.

4 yrs/$16m.

i think in offseason we aim for a center to play between rakell and perry.

rakell is great but he's better on the wing, and not the best defender. hopefuly he doesn't get exposed in the playoffs too much.

someone young and not bank breaker.

like kadri or bozak.

or i would love RNH who could eventually take over for getz.

i still think we get drouin + for vatanen.

he's just other worldly skilled and we'll never be drafting someone of his caliber for the foreseeable future.

Edited by mrwicked

I saw some analyst talking during the trade deadline that Edmonton might be willing to trade their 1st round pick this year(as long as it isn't the 1st overall) for a Dman.  Would you guys trade vats for a pick in the top 5?  Would anything else need to be included in that trade to even it out?  Personally I would do it.  I feel like vats being a sure thing might make him a little more attractive but the fact that they are missing out on his cheap service years probably makes the trade pretty even. 

I saw some analyst talking during the trade deadline that Edmonton might be willing to trade their 1st round pick this year(as long as it isn't the 1st overall) for a Dman.  Would you guys trade vats for a pick in the top 5?  Would anything else need to be included in that trade to even it out?  Personally I would do it.  I feel like vats being a sure thing might make him a little more attractive but the fact that they are missing out on his cheap service years probably makes the trade pretty even. 

Vats won't get you that top 5 pick. Gonna be Fowler, Hampus or Shea.

How good are the Ducks, even when taking into account how they played in the 1st month & a half ?

Comparrason of their overall numbers to the Capitals:

Powerplay% Capitals 23.9%(rank 1st), Ducks 23.3%(rank 3rd)

Shots per game: Ducks 30.8, Capitals 30.7

Shots allowed per game: Ducks 27.4, Capitals 29.0

Faceoff win %: Ducks 51.5%, Capitals 49.6%

Penalty kill: Ducks 86.6%(rank 2nd), Capitals 84.2%(rank 4th)

Goals per game: Capitals 3.26, Ducks 2.48.

Goals against per game: Capitals & Ducks 2.31(tied for 3rd).

Other than scoring so much more more goals than the Ducks,

the Capitals & Ducks are similar on the PP, PK, Shots per game & goals allowed per game.

They also lead their conferences in least regulation losses.

The Ducks 19 losses are the least in the West, the Capitals 12 losses are the least in the east.

I think Montreal has actually played us pretty well. That 1st period was bad. Stronger in the 2nd especially in the defensive zone. They did a nice job closing quickly on Montreal players and disrupting their attempts. Overall Ducks aren't sharp tonight tho especially with the passes. Hopefully they're saving their best for the 3rd.

Vats won't get you that top 5 pick. Gonna be Fowler, Hampus or Shea.

yep agreed.

vats is great but he's not a franchise d-man.

i think oilers try and package the #1 OA (if they land it) and get OEL out of arizona so that they can draft local kid matthews.

but if I'm arizona i pass on that.

OEL is just too good and too young. as soon as you trade away a #1 D you spend a decade trying to find one.

Edited by mrwicked

also watching duck vs habs you can immediately see that mcginn is better than maroon.

he's perfect top 9 player for us for long playoff run.

but man we need to re-sign perron if he keeps it up.

lock that kid up to play with getz.

when we need scoring in playoffs - perron / getz / perry is gonna be pretty hard to stop.

also watching duck vs habs you can immediately see that mcginn is better than maroon.

he's perfect top 9 player for us for long playoff run.

but man we need to re-sign perron if he keeps it up.

lock that kid up to play with getz.

when we need scoring in playoffs - perron / getz / perry is gonna be pretty hard to stop.

I agree.  I love Maroon.  But I can't see him scoring the goal that McGinn did. That was pretty. Redirect the shot, then get the rebound and shoot it into the open net. 

I'm so excited!  2 weeks until march madness, which takes us into opening day, which takes us into NHL playoffs!  Great 1st game for McGinn...not the best performance by the Ducks but they are finding a way to win!  Let's make it 10 straight tonight!