• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

Maroon traded for a prospect and a late round pick.

Maroon was featured in the kids club the Ducks did this year so my daughter has a Maroon shirt and bobble head.  She is going to be so sad.

I know he wasn't a good player but I always liked him.  He was funny in interviews and did all the dirty work.

Edited by nate

If there are no injuries between now and when Stewart, Horcoff and Pirri are all ready we have some interesting roster decisions coming up. Take the 12 who have been playing, add in those three and McGinn and we have 16. We can carry no more than 14 forwards realistically. I'm guessing Ritchie goes down but we would still need to clear one more spot, presumably being one of Maroon, Santorelli or Horcoff. Maroon would seem the most dispensable of them, so basically what I'm saying is he might not be far away from being put on waivers.

Crazy to think about how deep we are now too. Those 16 forwards plus Chris Wagner too. On the blue line, we have the usual six plus Stoner and Theodore and then of course two legitimate starting goalies. There are teams with more elite talent but I doubt anyone has our depth.

I really like the McGinn pick up. Good upgrade over Pat Maroon, hopefully it costs is a 2nd, which is fine. We have a chance to re sign him and he's still only 27. Has had a couple of 20 goal campaigns and plays a good forechecking game. Great fit for Rakell and Perry. Pirri also a great value pick up IMO. Real happy with GMBM work here today. Ducks are a super super deep team. Get ready for the ride guys !!!

His career high is 19, which came 2 years ago.  

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/stats/_/id/3652/jamie-mcginn

Pirri on the other hand is a sniper.  22 goals in 49 games last year.

Maroon had a role on our team that can be replaced by one of our pick ups today.  If we had to lose a roster player besides Stoner, I am glad it was Patty.  Good luck to him though.  I also like the fact that we have a few days off before our next game so these new guys can get some practice in with the Ducks before they get thrown into a game. 

Edited by OCAngelsNotLAA

If salary wasn't an issue I would have liked to keep Maroon but salary is an issue so it is so it's a good move, plus we got a good return too. Good luck to him though, I always appreciated his effort and there were times he did some good work on the top line with the twins. Over the past 12 months we have cleared most of our bad contracts, now it is just Stoner and arguably Bieksa.

I know it's only a seventh round pick but the Tropp move seems a little pointless doesn't it?

His career high is 19, which came 2 years ago.  

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/stats/_/id/3652/jamie-mcginn

Pirri on the other hand is a sniper.  22 goals in 49 games last year.

In 11-12 he scored twenty something between San Jose and Colorado. Like Nate said he's a good forechecker with some finishing skill. Far more then Maroon anyway. Hope you guys don't get the wrong idea. I did not dislike Maroon. He was a big physical player and can skate a good shift. He's a 4th like player tho and he was out of place whether he was playing with Getzlaf and Perry or recently with Rakell and Perry. The Ducks are better with McGinn likely skating on that line. Maroon no longer had much of a role with us after these trades, so tho he's leaving the team it's not terrible for his career. Wish him well going forward.

You know what a good feeling is?

Being in Vegas, going to the sports book, and seeing Ducks -1 1/2  +215.

That was a nice $100 bet to get $315 back. 

Oh, and then my messages from my Kings friends were the icing on the cake.  And the fact that they hate Perry makes me smile a bit. 

And don't shoot me because I jinxed our boys.  But how the hell could I pass up the Ducks +1400 to win the Stanley cup.  Put $20 on them to get $300 back. 

Edited by gotbeer

Regarding Drouin.  Just because the trade deadline is over, doesn't mean he can't be traded.  Whoever acquires him just can't have him on the postseason roster I believe.  I really think that if someone gets him, he will be assigned to the AHL for conditioning, and probably getting used to the new schemes.  And considering the Lightning have cap issues.  Drouin for minor leaguers that are close to the NHL level is probably very tempting.  And the Ducks seem to have quite a bit of those players with no place to play, even next season.

Panthers trade F Brandon Pirri to Ducks for sixth-round pick in 2016

This is what stood out to me.  They didn't give any examples or stats.  But this can't hurt the team.

Cats get shockingly little back for solid scorer and deadly shootout ace

Silfverberg seems to be on his own island with everyone else drowning when it comes to the shootout.