• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

I would be shocked if Murray trades any major pieces of the team for a rental.

My thoughts too.  Just surprised to see the OC Register suggest it though.  Since they are closer to firsthand knowledge than we are.

And talking about rentals.  Looks like the Leafs are in full tank mode.  This was an interesting tweet.

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/701813160622366721

P-A Parenteau says he gets "a little nervous" when his phone rings. He's not alone in the #leafs dressing room right now.

What do you all think as a rental?  I would think he won't cost much since he is a UFA after this season.  The Leafs are going young, so would a minor minor leaguer get it done? 

i think ducks will make a move, but won't trade any current players.

i'm down to go for it, and ship off a 1st.

purely because during the offseason we can easily get some firsts back by trading andersen and/or vatanen.

but i would prefer a non-rental if possible.

RNH, bozak, kadri, etc to play with rakell and perry.

and a right wingers for getz/perron line.

if not then ladd or staal or mcdavid.

Edited by mrwicked

Parenteau was originally drafted by the Ducks I think.  He would be an excellent add.  If you can get him without dealing a major piece then do it.  I don't think it would be wise to include Vatanen in a deal for him though.

I was thinking more like a second tier player like Noessen or the like that's at the AHL level.  Definitely not Vatanen for a rental.

Vatanen provides as much offense as RNH yet is a defender (more valuable in general), and plays PK, and is cheaper.

I don't think you need to add much, if anything to a Vatanen for RNH trade.

RNH: 30 points, $6m cap hit

Vatanen: 30 points, $1.262m cap hit (RFA)

Edited by mrwicked

It isn't just about stats value but how vatanen fits into Oilers needs & their system that lacks smart defensive players. He will have to play even more minutes & we've seen how he plays without stoner. Their need is probably more of a 2way Defender than Vatanen. Vatanen can play PK cause he's paired with someone more responsible & uses his speed.

Nuge is playing for a horrible team that hasn't tasted winning since 2005-06 when the Oilers lost the cup final to Carolina.

He fits the need for a center that can play with Perry & Rakell( moved to the wing).