• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

yea Canucks showed some life here towards the end of the 3rd.  Ducks definitely backed off after going up 4-0.  I guess not terribly surprising at the end of the road trip.  Tho it would have been nice to just finish the game off with the same level of intensity.  Pretty great road trip.  Ducks right in the mix for the division.  Kind of funny how it ended up considering how they started with the stinker in Pittsburgh.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

Even if we don't end the division, it's pretty satisfying thinking about how scared the Queens must be right now after being their usual arrogant f**kwit selves for so much of the year.

if we do steal the division from them its gonna be hilarious listening to them drone on and on about how the regular season doesn't matter.  For reals tho, I probably want to beat the KIngs in playoffs as badly as I want them to win the Stanley Cup.  I cant ****ing stand the Kings.

Anyone thinking about the next draft ? I think they need to take a goalie in the 2nd round.

NJ Devils won't get Austin Mathews in the next draft because they decided they wanted to try contending during a rebuilding year.

Those 2 teams also have the worst farm systems.

Austin Mathews is a franchise changing player. Not as good as McDavid but heard he's better than Eichel.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

Anyone thinking about the next draft ? I think they need to take a goalie in the 2nd round.

Arizona Coyotes & NJ Devils won't get Austin Mathews in the next draft because they decided they wanted to try contending during a rebuilding year.

Those 2 teams also have the worst farm systems.

Austin Mathews is a franchise changing player. Not as good as McDavid but heard he's better than Eichel.

The Ducks don't have a second round pick. Also the coyotes have a stacked system. They have two of the top five rated prospects in the world. Plus they have young talent playing in the NHL now. If they get some help on D, then they'll be scary on a couple years.

The Ducks don't have a second round pick. Also the coyotes have a stacked system. They have two of the top five rated prospects in the world. Plus they have young talent playing in the NHL now. If they get some help on D, then they'll be scary on a couple years.

I must have been thinking of their ranking a couple of years ago in 2012 that had the Coyotes towards the bottom in prospect pools.

New Jersey however is bad, ranked 29th out of 30th on HockeysFutures.com

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

i would do vatanen for RNH on the oilers.

to center rakell and perry.

getzlaf - rnh - kesler down the middle.

woo.

word on the street is pk subban might be available.

the habs are just in meltdown mode.

if I'm the oilers i throw everything i have to get him.

Edited by mrwicked

I read somewhere (think it was just a tweet though) that Monahan was upset with his benching last week.  I wonder if the ducks offered up Sami and Andersen if that would be enough to pry the young star from the flames.  He would be great on the ducks but he is RFA at the end of the season and is due a huge raise so not sure if we would be a good fit.  I know he is Calgarys number 1 center but they need a goalie and help on D so maybe with Bennett looking like a star they would be willing to deal Monahan to fill 2 holes.

If I was the Oilers I would want a D-man who brings more a 2way game like Fowler. Someone who will make things easier for their goalies & also provide points offensively.

Flames should want Andersen but kinda funny he'd being going to the Team Hiller went to & that would mean the end of Hiller in Calgary.

I think Hiller and all their goalies are UFA at the end of the season.  I would be fine giving up Fowler in place of sami.  It would have to be in the off season though bc I wouldnt want to lose our longest tenured Dman while we are approaching the playoffs. 

Just curious what everyone thought here.  But if Hiller was a UFA, would you sign him to be the backup to Gibson? 

I'm pretty sure, Andersen will be traded by the deadline, or more than likely this offseason.  Just going to get too expensive keeping two #1's on the roster, and Gibson is younger.  But Gibson's health is a concern, so having a legit backup goalie might be worth it, just not at the skill as Andersen.

Or was that bridge burned?

I think Hiller and all their goalies are UFA at the end of the season.  I would be fine giving up Fowler in place of sami.  It would have to be in the off season though bc I wouldnt want to lose our longest tenured Dman while we are approaching the playoffs. 

what?

no. fowler is our #1 d-man.

lindholm will eventually take over, but fowler is untouchable.

sami is great but replaceable with theo and montour.

Just curious what everyone thought here.  But if Hiller was a UFA, would you sign him to be the backup to Gibson? 

I'm pretty sure, Andersen will be traded by the deadline, or more than likely this offseason.  Just going to get too expensive keeping two #1's on the roster, and Gibson is younger.  But Gibson's health is a concern, so having a legit backup goalie might be worth it, just not at the skill as Andersen.

Or was that bridge burned?

I imagine that bridge was burned. But he is the sort of level of backup goaltender we would need to get one way or another if we deal Freddie. I've come around to the idea that we shouldn't trade Freddie now because it would leave us one Gibson injury away from completely collapsing. You can't go through the rest of the season with Khudobin your next in line to start if Gibson goes down.

the thing with Fowler is that he is signed multi year on an extremely team friendly deal.  He's also still pretty young so he's just starting to form into the D man he will be during the prime of his career.  It would be extremely difficult to get good or even value for Fowler.  

what?

no. fowler is our #1 d-man.

lindholm will eventually take over, but fowler is untouchable.

sami is great but replaceable with theo and montour.

agreed, Fowler has to stay.  The only way you move a guy like him is if you are legitimately getting a very good player under club control multi year.  Its pretty unlikely.  Lindholm is more likely to be traded, and thats extremely unlikely. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

i would take bazak to center rakell and perry.

as long as i doesn't cost very much.

I'm thinking about it, and I think a Bozak for Vatanen might be doable. 

Vatanen RFA 24 YO

Bozak $4.2 million through 2018 than a UFA, 29 YO

Leafs get younger and cheaper

Ducks get a centerman that is not a rental for a reasonable $4.2 million