• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Teacher resigns after reading students book about gay couple

The Christian oppression complex really is spectacular.

They can do it as long as the preface the bible as fiction.  I am fine with them explaining religious persecution, but using the bible is not how you do that.  Using history books and first hand accounts is how you do it.

But a book about two gay princes is the appropriate response?

and you are right, all over the world, no Christians are being martyred, jailed or persecuted. 

Besides, I said "religion", not Christianity

But a book about two gay princes is the appropriate response?

and you are right, all over the world, no Christians are being martyred, jailed or persecuted. 

Besides, I said "religion", not Christianity

So what is the appropriate response?

Oh I agree, which is why I said it sucks we're not ready for this. We'll get to a point in time to where jobs aren't lost over this.

It would be better if people understood the boundaries of their terms of employment rather than force their particular viewpoints on the wrong audience.

If my kids' teachers could focus on math, reading and spelling, that would be swell.  

If parents would discipline their kids and stop teaching them to be hateful, bullying assholes then teachers would be able to.

If parents would discipline their kids and stop teaching them to be hateful, bullying assholes then teachers would be able to.

Yep.  As soon as the world becomes a perfect place with perfect humans, we'll be all set. 

Yep.  As soon as the world becomes a perfect place with perfect humans, we'll be all set. 

It is usually because their parents are hateful bullying assholes.

It is funny, in school you read tons of love stories.  As soon as it is gay love it becomes a problem.

It is usually because their parents are hateful bullying assholes.

It is funny, in school you read tons of love stories. As soon as it is gay love it becomes a problem.

I agree, the parents are the problem and need to read more stories about gay kings, which is kinda of a twist if they really are Queens.

Of course it comes from hateful parents.  Hateful about race.  Hateful about religion.  Hateful about sexual orientation.  Hateful about political affiliation.  There's no limit on the biases and bigotries that parents pass down to their kids.  

Asking schools and teachers to solve for all of the world's biases and bigotries is an unrealistic expectation.  If a kid is being hateful or bullying (calling another kid "gay" for instance), punish them.  Suspend them.  Expel them if it's bad enough or a continued issue.  

Kids have always been and will continue to be bullying assholes. Teaching them parables of gay kings is not changing that.

The bible is chock-full of parables. Does that mean it's not changing anything?

Response to nate in this thread: 

honestly dude, the one who seems most hateful in this discussion is you.

Response to me in the Duggar thread:

Honestly dude, the person right now that seems like they are full of hate is you.

Disagreeing with MT = "hate".

Kudos for the consistency though.

Edited by the dude abides

Lets look at it this way - 

Say there is a kid with a learning disability or speech impediment and some of the kids in the class are calling him a retard.  The teacher uses it as a learning experience and reads a book about kids with learning disabilities.  Is that so inappropriate?  How is that different from this situation?

Lets look at it this way - 

Say there is a kid with a learning disability or speech impediment and some of the kids in the class are calling him a retard.  The teacher uses it as a learning experience and reads a book about kids with learning disabilities.  Is that so inappropriate?  How is that different from this situation?

It might not be.  In both cases they are eating into all the kids' time of learning math.

If some kids are calling that kid a retard, send them to the principle's office and have them suspended from school for a few days.  

Response to nate in this thread: 

Response to me in the Duggar thread:

Disagreeing with MT = "hate".

Kudos for the consistency though.

the dude doing work!!!

too bad you don't get paid for that

It might not be.  In both cases they are eating into all the kids' time of learning math.

If some kids are calling that kid a retard, send them to the principle's office and have them suspended from school for a few days.  

Also tell that other kid to sack up... sticks and stones and all that.

Can't stand it when people who badmouth the scriptures try to turn around and reference them when it suits their agenda.

and they call Christians hypocrites.

That was directed at Notti saying parables don't change anything. I say they certainly can.