• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2nd Amendment whores

If the supreme court can interpret every other amendment in whatever manner it sees fit, why can't it do the same with the second amendment. Can't the right to bear arms be construed merely to allow people to own single-shot guns (which, if I am not mistaken, is all that was around when the second amendment was drafted)? So wouldn't it be perfectly constitutional to ban all other guns, even including simple handguns? I sure wouldn't be opposed to that.

Amen.  

If you feel the need to carry a gun to church you love in the wrong neighborhood.

I thought ISIS and other religious tangos specifically targeted other religions... 

In the last ten years, there have been at least 10 shooting incidents in places like Idaho, Colorado, and California.  Wherever shall we live safely, JAH?

A lot of your questions are answered by both sides, if you take the time to search it (I like Bill Whittle on youtube; nails it).

I think this guy was looking for the attention for sure, but it's his right to be stupid in that public place.  If I couldn't carry concealed, I'd be very nervous wherever I went because the gun makes you the first target to someone you probably won't even notice until it's too late.

If the supreme court can interpret every other amendment in whatever manner it sees fit, why can't it do the same with the second amendment. Can't the right to bear arms be construed merely to allow people to own single-shot guns (which, if I am not mistaken, is all that was around when the second amendment was drafted)? So wouldn't it be perfectly constitutional to ban all other guns, even including simple handguns? I sure wouldn't be opposed to that.

I think the Supreme Court realizes it would be an empty gesture.  Tracking down and confiscating all of said guns would be impossible.  I don't think our nation's law enforcement would have the courage to go door to door to confiscate firearms.  I wouldn't have the courage either.  For every ninety nine people who comply, there would be one who responds by putting a bullet between their ears. 

Question for wopphil and everybody else who favors gun control.  If someone wanted you dead, wouldn't you PREFER they use a gun?  Taking away guns means they would resort to other means, sure to cause far more pain and suffering, such as:

- Running you over with their car.

- Stabbing you with knives.

- Intentional drowning.

- Beating you with baseball bats.

- Electrocution in a swimming pool.

- Burning your house down with all the exits barricaded.

- Poisoning your food.

- Common household chemicals mixed together to cause respiratory failure.

- Pressure cooker bombs, like that used in the Boston Marathon.

- Sabotaging your car.

and on and on and on...

Question for wopphil and everybody else who favors gun control. If someone wanted you dead, wouldn't you PREFER they use a gun? Taking away guns means they would resort to other means, sure to cause far more pain and suffering, such as:

- Running you over with their car.

- Stabbing you with knives.

- Intentional drowning.

- Beating you with baseball bats.

- Electrocution in a swimming pool.

- Burning your house down with all the exits barricaded.

- Poisoning your food.

- Common household chemicals mixed together to cause respiratory failure.

- Pressure cooker bombs, like that used in the Boston Marathon.

- Sabotaging your car.

and on and on and on...

I am very anti-gun MP. My thought is that your right to a gun doesn't trump my right to be free from gun violence (and I have been the victim of gun violence).

If I were dictator, I'd eliminate hand guns. People coukd still exercise their right to bear arms, whether for protection, recreation, or hunting, with rifles/shotguns (which are of course harder to conceal, and harder to use for causing mass casualties).

To me it's a dilemma. The only thing worse than an idiot with a gun is someone who wants me to give up my gun. Both are suspicious to me. Sure the world would be better without them but I don't live in the land of rainbows and unicorns so I'll keep mine and tolerate the clowns who feel the need to make a show of it.

I am very anti-gun MP. My thought is that your right to a gun doesn't trump my right to be free from gun violence (and I have been the victim of gun violence).

If I were dictator, I'd eliminate hand guns. People coukd still exercise their right to bear arms, whether for protection, recreation, or hunting, with rifles/shotguns (which are of course harder to conceal, and harder to use for causing mass casualties).

Nobody has a right to be free from gun violence. 

That said, I'm very sorry to hear this.  Really.  I assume someone in your family was shot, or was it you directly?  My perspective might change If I had to walk a mile or two in your shoes.  The closest I've come is having a friend murder his wife, then commit suicide.  Both deaths were with a gun.  I don't blame the gun because he was deeply disturbed in many ways.  Looking back, I think most people figured he was capable of this at some point, gun or no gun.

That said, I'm very sorry to hear this. Really. I assume someone in your family was shot, or was it you directly? My perspective might change If I had to walk a mile or two in your shoes. The closest I've come is having a friend murder his wife, then commit suicide. Both deaths were with a gun. I don't blame the gun because he was deeply disturbed in many ways. Looking back, I think most people figured he was capable of this at some point, gun or no gun.

It was a bad armed robbery, in my family's restaurant. I was 11. Thankfully, nobody was shot.

I don't blame the gun. And I recognize that 99.99% of gun owners are safe, law abiding citizens.

I am speaking more theoretically. I look at places like Australia and Great Britain, and think it would be nice if our incidents of gun violence were similar to theirs (I.e., non-existent). But of course, with a billion guns already on the streets, as a practical matter we couldn't eliminate gun violence even if we wanted to.

There is also the issue of the disproportionate impact guns have on minorities and poorer societies. They would all be better off without guns.

I guess I'd like to know why gun advocates believe the second amendment gives them the right to own a handgun. Why wouldn't the right to bear arms be satisfied by the right to own a rifle?

That said, I'm very sorry to hear this.  Really.  I assume someone in your family was shot, or was it you directly?  My perspective might change If I had to walk a mile or two in your shoes.  The closest I've come is having a friend murder his wife, then commit suicide.  Both deaths were with a gun.  I don't blame the gun because he was deeply disturbed in many ways.  Looking back, I think most people figured he was capable of this at some point, gun or no gun.

That's bs...we absolutely have the right to be free from gun violence...and the fear that we can walk in to a public place and not be shot up by same wack job with a gun...or having our first amendment rights silenced because some ****ing yodel decides he's going to walk around strapped with an assault rifle and then try and engage in open debate...because somehow that means "freedom"