• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2nd Amendment whores

Nobody wants you to give up your gun, that is what these people won't see.  Just asking that there be a certain standard to what you walk out the door with strapped on. My point isn't to criticize gun owners but the clowns who feel the need to make a show of it.   There will start being more and more. God forbid if Hillary wins......I am not afraid of you in a public place because you are responsible but not comfortable with a gatling gun being ok to cart around. 

You might want to check with nate and red on that.

There are plenty of people in this country that want to see guns abolished.

I don't have a problem with some controls on types of guns and ammunition.  I don't really have a problem with going after irresponsible gun owners/users.

The only thing that troubles me about some of that stuff is that I have to register with the government to do something that is completely protected as an actual right in the Constitution.  I would prefer that the government know as little as possible about me.

and I don't own any guns or firearms.

I've never heard of a legislated "right" to be free from violence.  Do you know something I don't? 

Not sure what context you're coming from. 

life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. inalienable rights and all that.

why do you just assume gun violence should be part of how life is lived?

life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. inalienable rights and all that.

why do you just assume gun violence should be part of how life is lived?

That crossed my mind the other day.  I guess I'm skeptical whether that part of the Declaration of Independence retains any practical relevance.  The same government that is supposed to protect life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness repeatedly denies the same, not just occasionally, but millions of times every single day.  The idea of inalienable rights is laughable to them.

Safety and security (in the context we're discussing) are absent, not just from the Declaration, but the US Constitution, and all of the Amendments. 

I believe safety and security are opposites of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  The latter would have to be denied to ensure the former.  For there to be any assurances against violence, the government would have to kill or imprison all potentially violent people thereby denying life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness to those persons, even when they've done nothing wrong.  To accomplish this, much of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights would have to be scrapped.

None of you have put forth a good argument as to why you must be allowed to have a handgun in order to exercise your right to bear arms. Can you not exercise that right - whether to protect yourself against the government you so fear, for personal protection, or simply for recreation - through ownership of less deadly weapons (e.g., single or double shot rifles)?

Look, I'm anti-trolling but overuse of the term is out of control. He made a good argument.

We toss around the term "right" like candy. Fact is the only rights as citizens we have are those given to us by whatever law we choose to be governed by. In this case that would be the Constitution. I don't see a right to be free from violence.

Should we be? Of course. That doesn't mean it is a constitutionally given right however. There are plenty of things I think should not happen to me. I should never be robbed, never be lied to, never be cheated, never be beaten, never be bullied but to make the argument that I have a right for none of that to happen is quite debatable.

Sorry but it was stupid. Who cares if the Constitution doesn't explicitly state "you have the right to be free from gun violence." It also doesn't say that we have the right to be free from kidnapping, rapists, and child molesteting. You guys are going on about a dumb talking point.

I don't feel strongly one way or the other which is why you usually don't see me in these debates. I just don't see that argument as something to rally behind.

Sorry but it was stupid. Who cares if the Constitution doesn't explicitly state "you have the right to be free from gun violence." It also doesn't say that we have the right to be free from kidnapping, rapists, and child molesteting. You guys are going on about a dumb talking point.

I don't feel strongly one way or the other which is why you usually don't see me in these debates. I just don't see that argument as something to rally behind.

Don't say you're sorry when you are not.

It is your argument that we have a right to be free from "gun violence" but not "knife violence"?  How about "banjo" violence.

Do you have constitutional right to not be cheated on by your spouse?  How about being bullied at school?

Shut up lefty!!!!!!!

Sorry.

Like I said, I don't feel strongly either way so you're asking the wrong person. I just think its dumb to point to the Constitution and tell people they don't have a right to be free from violence. It does nothing to strengthen the gun rights argument.

I wasn't trying to draw any correlation between the rights argument and gun rights.

I was just talking about a pet peeve of mine about how many "rights" people talk about that are not in the constitution.

No, admittedly I don't. But I know it is much harder to inflict casualties using a gun that is hard to conceal and has to be re-loaded every shot or two.

FYI. Handguns are much tougher to hit your target than a shotgun. I prefer a shotgun but are bulkier and harder to hide or keep in a safe.