• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2nd Amendment whores

Stop trolling.

Look, I'm anti-trolling but overuse of the term is out of control.  He made a good argument.

We toss around the term "right" like candy.  Fact is the only rights as citizens we have are those given to us by whatever law we choose to be governed by.  In this case that would be the Constitution.  I don't see a right to be free from violence.

Should we be?  Of course.  That doesn't mean it is a constitutionally given right however.  There are plenty of things I think should not happen to me.  I should never be robbed, never be lied to, never be cheated, never be beaten, never be bullied but to make the argument that I have a right for none of that to happen is quite debatable.

I know you hate the police but comparing Mexican infrastructure, schools and overall law enforcement to ours is like comparing Jeff Mathis to Mike Trout.

Silly.

By the way, I was referring more to the number of murders here vs. Mexico. 

That has nothing to do with what he said though.

Comparing gun control in a place where there is barely any law enforcement and a place where there is tons is a pointless exercise.  There is no basis for comparison.

So because the guns are already here is a reason not to change?

Here is Wisconsin there is a report almost every day of a kid being shot by a stray bullet and 90% of the time they are shot by guns that were purchased legally.  That should be reason enough to change the law.

So because the guns are already here is a reason not to change?

Here is Wisconsin there is a report almost every day of a kid being shot by a stray bullet and 90% of the time they are shot by guns that were purchased legally.  That should be reason enough to change the law.

I'm sorry, but I'm calling baloney on this comment. 

Regardless, change the law, that is how the Constitution was made, so it could be changed.  

Look, I'm anti-trolling but overuse of the term is out of control.  He made a good argument.

We toss around the term "right" like candy.  Fact is the only rights as citizens we have are those given to us by whatever law we choose to be governed by.  In this case that would be the Constitution.  I don't see a right to be free from violence.

Should we be?  Of course.  That doesn't mean it is a constitutionally given right however.  There are plenty of things I think should not happen to me.  I should never be robbed, never be lied to, never be cheated, never be beaten, never be bullied but to make the argument that I have a right for none of that to happen is quite debatable.

First off, it's right there in the Preamble to the Constitution

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The 14th Amendment would also cover it

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

In certain cases two rights may appear to be at odds...like offering complete protection to everyone (and the strawman argument that everyone should be put away in prison)...or the ridiculous assertion that the second amendment would appear to trump every other right and that as citizens we don't have the right to freedom from gun violence...or taken to the extreme any violence against our person in general. In that case...you apply logic...or apparently apply the language written in magical disappearing ink that says that second amendment trumps everything.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/boy-12-shot-in-milwaukee-b99514405z1-306331931.html

from June 5

"The two dozen children are among the 238 nonfatal shooting victims as of Tuesday — a 29% increase from the same time period in 2014."

There was another report recently that I can't find right now saying that almost all of these shootings are by handguns that were purchased legally.

It might not be one a day but that is 24 children shot in five months.  Seems like a good reason to make a change.

First off, it's right there in the Preamble to the Constitution

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The 14th Amendment would also cover it

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

In certain cases two rights may appear to be at odds...like offering complete protection to everyone (and the strawman argument that everyone should be put away in prison)...or the ridiculous assertion that the second amendment would appear to trump every other right and that as citizens we don't have the right to freedom from gun violence...or taken to the extreme any violence against our person in general. In that case...you apply logic...or apparently apply the language written in magical disappearing ink that says that second amendment trumps everything.

Or like the right to privacy seems to supercede the right to life?

and "scoff" at the term "gun-violence" as if anything you've quoted deliniates the use of guns as seperate from any other type of violence. 

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/boy-12-shot-in-milwaukee-b99514405z1-306331931.html

from June 5

"The two dozen children are among the 238 nonfatal shooting victims as of Tuesday — a 29% increase from the same time period in 2014."

There was another report recently that I can't find right now saying that almost all of these shootings are by handguns that were purchased legally.

It might not be one a day but that is 24 children shot in five months.  Seems like a good reason to make a change.

Maybe you might want to ask the deeper question as to why these deaths are up.  Unless the argument is that it is caused by more guns, then maybe you aren't really concentrating on what the reasons really are.

Also, You connected, every day, stray bullets and guns purchased legally.  The only thing you have shown me are numbers for shootings alone that don't match your initial post.

I am still looking for that report.  It was something along the lines of 89% of all gun crimes in the state are from guns that were legally purchased.  It was closer to 60% when you factor in that many of the owners had not renewed their license.  Which begs the question why we don't go after these people for their guns when they let their license lapse.

Some other stuff that I think is hilarious.  In WI, if you are caught with a concealed gun that is not licensed, it is not a felony.

Also, in the US in 2011, there were 8500 gun related homicides.  Of those 8500, only 653 were justifiable.  You don't see a problem with that?

To me it's a dilemma. The only thing worse than an idiot with a gun is someone who wants me to give up my gun. Both are suspicious to me. Sure the world would be better without them but I don't live in the land of rainbows and unicorns so I'll keep mine and tolerate the clowns who feel the need to make a show of it.

Nobody wants you to give up your gun, that is what these people won't see.  Just asking that there be a certain standard to what you walk out the door with strapped on. My point isn't to criticize gun owners but the clowns who feel the need to make a show of it.   There will start being more and more. God forbid if Hillary wins......I am not afraid of you in a public place because you are responsible but not comfortable with a gatling gun being ok to cart around.