• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels-Phillies discussing trade...

http://mlb.mlb.com/r/article?ymd=20150520&content_id=125607558&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Bedrosian for Ryan Howard. JUST KIDDING. It's for Ben Revere. Legit leadoff man? Bump Calhoun and Trout down to 2-3 in the order, and has plus defense. Wonder what wed have to give up to get him. Only making 4 mil this year and under contract until 2017.

Discuss.

iirc, isn't Revere on the mediocre side at the routes he takes in the OF?

Granted he has the speed to make up some of that deficiency.

I don't remember how his arm compares to other OFers.

His BA from 2012-2014 was just over .300, but the OBP was only around .330.

He has stolen 154 bases since 2011 with a rock solid 80% success rate.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Call me crazy but I would like us to acquire Revere and Howard. Howard is a lot like Hamiltons situation without the drugs. Phillies will pay the majority of his contract and it will be a low risk move for the Angels that could end up working out well. If it doesn't than DFA him.

Call me crazy but I would like us to acquire Revere and Howard. Howard is a lot like Hamiltons situation without the drugs. Phillies will pay the majority of his contract and it will be a low risk move for the Angels that could end up working out well. If it doesn't than DFA him.

I'm down with this scenario as well if we don't have to give up top prospects and Philly pays a chunk of Howard's salary.

Howard hit another dinger last night and went 3-5.

Howard on top of Revere?  I know we need offense, but you guys are going off the deep end. 

Revere can't even get on base, he's like Aybar with more speed and even less power.  Career .320 OBP, with a .302 OBP this year in almost 200 PA's.  Career 4% BB rate.  Negative UZR rating the past couple years, mediocre defensively.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't see how he even remotely brings us offensive value.

Edited by Reveille1984

I'm down with this scenario as well if we don't have to give up top prospects and Philly pays a chunk of Howard's salary.

Howard hit another dinger last night and went 3-5.

Maybe Cron is the piece, to play 1b for them, if we take back some of Howard's salary....get Revere cheaper the more of Howard's money you take on...

Just what we need: another low OBP player.

Revere has speed, which is nice, considering that Trout is the only Angel with more than 2 SB. But his lifetime line of .289/.322/.340 leaves much to be desires, especially of a leadoff man.

One of my critiques of Jerry is that he seems to undervalue OBP. sure, the .290ish BA and 40+ SB a year is sexy, but all things being equal I'd rather see him go after a .270 hitter with a .350 OBP.

Ben Revere?  This is a guy we are considering for the lead-off roll?  Might as well keep Aybar there instead of going through the trouble of exchanges any resources.

Yes, the guy hit .306 last year but had a .322 OBP...13 walks in a 151 games...OPS+ of 94.  I know they are desperate but this is the definitation of going through the motions.

LF Revere L

CF Trout R

RF Calhoun L

1B Pujols R

DH Howard L

3B Freese R

SS Aybar S

C Perez/Iannetta R

2B Giavotella R

alternates left and right 1-7

of course it would violate Pujols' contract though so won't happen

Just what we need: another low OBP player.

Revere has speed, which is nice, considering that Trout is the only Angel with more than 2 SB. But his lifetime line of .289/.322/.340 leaves much to be desires, especially of a leadoff man.

One of my critiques of Jerry is that he seems to undervalue OBP. sure, the .290ish BA and 40+ SB a year is sexy, but all things being equal I'd rather see him go after a .270 hitter with a .350 OBP.

He's also a corner Outfielder with no power.