• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Daniel Murphy ?

Seems like he has one foot out the door already for the Mets. With David Wright injured, Murphy was moved from 2B to 3B, and they brought up their 2B prospect Dilson Herrera.

Seems like Murphy will be trade bait once Wright gets back. Mets need help in the bullpen.

We could use him as DH, backup at 1B, 2B, 3B, and he has played corner OF.

he will never be a gold glove at any position, but he can get by.

Seems like a good fit to add pop to the lineup and be a jack of all trades utility guy.

Edited by NJHalo

i'm not trying to turn this into anything, but i find it hard to get behind a guy that's compelled to take a shot at a guest of the clubhouse for being gay, namely billy beane (the player). also, all puns intended. he's a decent player, but that kind of stuff annoys me.

i'm not trying to turn this into anything, but i find it hard to get behind a guy that's compelled to take a shot at a guest of the clubhouse for being gay, namely billy beane (the player). also, all puns intended. he's a decent player, but that kind of stuff annoys me.

I rarely find myself personaly trying to get behind the lifestyle choices and beliefs of any of these guys that swing a bat for a living.

I rarely find myself personaly trying to get behind the lifestyle choices and beliefs of any of these guys that swing a bat for a living.

that's why i started off the way i did. the problem is when they put it out there for public consumption. once i read it, i can't help but be affected by it. tell me that some of the stuff torii has said didn't affect the way you thought of him, at least in some regard.

Edited by ukyah

that's why i started off the way i did. the problem is when they put it out there for public consumption. once i read it, i can't help but be affected by it. tell me that some of the stuff torii has said didn't affect the way you thought of him, at least in some regard.

i agree, ukyah. knowing what i know now, Murphy is not a guy I particularly want to root for.

ITA. Don't really want to support a player who has made homophobic remarks.

• 5 months later...

I think cal ripken picked him before the game to be the difference maker, and he hit the nail on the head. Said he could hit a home run (which he did) and can drive runners in (which he did) and set th table (which he did but cespedes failed).

That was really impressive to watch. Aside from the mets pitching, he almost single handedly won that game. Drove in 2 of 3 runs, scored the other with super heads up base running

My new favorite player (at least thats what ill tell my dodger fan buddies)

Seriously? **** that homophobic jerk.

He hit two big home runs, but he does not depend on the long ball for his production. His versatility and ability to play station to station ball should make him a Scioscia favorite.

Plus, it would be cool to have two D. Murphys in the lineup