• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Daniel Murphy ?

Awesome list there.... :lol:

Similar Batters through 30 

View Similar Player Links in Pop-up
 Compare Stats to Similars
  1. Todd Walker (942)
  2. Martin Prado (942)
  3. David DeJesus (926)
  4. Billy Werber (922)
  5. Kevin Seitzer (919)
  6. Charlie Hayes (918)
  7. Joe Randa (914)
  8. Hector Lopez (914)
  9. Hubie Brooks (914)
  10. Rich Rollins (913)

Murphy is basically Freese.  Similar OBP, similar power, similar defense.  The difference is Freese has had time to mesh with the team.  Continuity is a big deal on a team.  I'd much rather just resign Freese. 

Also, the GMJ comparisons to Heyward are just plain dumb. You are comparing a guy who had 2 good seasons before coming to the Angels at age 32 and had posted a career line of .263/.336/.419/.755 with an OPS+ of 97 who had averaged 10 SB and 10-15 HR a year with solid defense to a guy who will be 27, just entering his physical prime, and has posted a .268/.353./.431/.784 with an OPS+ of 114 averaging 20 SB and 15 HR a year playing GG defense.  To put them on the same level is absolutely ridiculous. 

Edit:  Oh yeah and GMJ posted a WAR above 3.0 just once.  Heyward has done it every year of his career and has had a WAR above 5.0 four times

Edited by AngelsFanSince86

To be fair about Heyward, he has been far more consistent to this point than GMJHGH was through 2006.

It is concerning to pay someone 8 years/say $180 million for just defense and gap hitting, although it is understood that run prevention has become bigger than at anytime since maybe the 1960s. 

A gap hitter in Anaheim is exactly what they need.  And its not like he's just hitting singles. Also, OF defense is a big deal when you are in a pitchers park.  Also, he has a career 114 OPS+.  Its not like he has no power.  He hit 27 HR one year.  Not expecting that, but the power is there and he is just entering his physical prime.  He is an all around great player.  He's not just defense and gap hitting.  He hits 25-30 doubles a year, steals 20 bases, hits about 15 HR and gets on base at a high clip.  He literally does everything great except hit HRs.  We already have our one trick pony Pujols for those.

Edited by AngelsFanSince86

It's still a Ripley's moment to this day, that AK hit 3 HRs in an ALCS clincher.>>>>>>

I was there, and I still don't believe it.

I stayed at the Doubletree, where the Twins and their contingent were staying

Kirby Pucket and a few others were in the bar that night, after the team buses loaded up pulled out..and that was all that anyone talked about.

Edited by Homebrewer

A gap hitter in Anaheim is exactly what they need. And its not like he's just hitting singles. Also, OF defense is a big deal when you are in a pitchers park. Also, he has a career 114 OPS+. Its not like he has no power. He hit 27 HR one year. Not expecting that, but the power is there and he is just entering his physical prime. He is an all around great player. He's not just defense and gap hitting. He hits 25-30 doubles a year, steals 20 bases, hits about 15 HR and gets on base at a high clip. He literally does everything great except hit HRs. We already have our one trick pony Pujols for those.

my only hangup is the money, and i think wed still need another power guy. That said, i agree, we could use his type, gap hitter with speed. Preferably two.

I still like the idea of chris davis and span, but thats not happening.

It's still a Ripley's moment to this day, that AK hit 3 HRs in an ALCS clincher.>>>>>>

I was there, and I still don't believe it.

I stayed at the Doubletree, where the Twins and their contingent were staying

Kirby Pucket and a few others were in the bar that night, after the team buses loaded up pulled out..and that was all that anyone talked about.

hope everyone avoided the bathroom when kirby was at the bar...

hope everyone avoided the bathroom when kirby was at the bar... >>>>

You know, as it was about a month after that alleged bathroom incident, and all of that stuff was going on..his wife had threatened his mistress (or the other way around)and Kirby was really huge ( I had never seen him other than on the field, and was shocked at how fat he was) Kirby was more than gracious and friendly with everyone

Paul Molitor was there with that group too. They were all really nice to me and my GF, even though we had Angels gear on.

We stayed there for a couple nights while the team was there.

I had a long conversation with Brad Radke one evening. Awesome guy.

I was impressed with how regular and down to earth everyone I met in that organization was..I'm sure that I met other players and coaches that weekend and I just didn't know who they were...they had that hotel pretty much taken over.

Edited by Homebrewer

Back on the thread's topic (no offense meant), I'd now rather sign Zobrist to a 3 year deal as he seems to be one of the few players who ages truly well, and is the perfect lefty hitter for dealing with the Great RF Wall. 

And, of course, his OBP is rock solid and a perfect fit at or near the top of the order.

He also was traded mid-season, and thus no draft pick lost. 

my only hangup is the money, and i think wed still need another power guy. That said, i agree, we could use his type, gap hitter with speed. Preferably two.

I still like the idea of chris davis and span, but thats not happening.

Yeah, I've said before that I like Heyward as long it doesn't hinder filling other positions. I think with the free agent market available this year matching up really well with the Angels needs that Arte needs to put up or shut up.  Heyward is the one guy I think they should splurge on and should sign mostly B level free agents after that.  I think in a perfect world they would resign Freese for 3B, sign Heyward for LF, Wei-yen Chen as a SP (and trade Santiago for some position player prospect depth), Zobrist for 2B (and keep Johnny G as a fill in so Zobrist can fill in at other positions when needed), Wieters at C, and then sign a couple solid and proven bullpen arms.