• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Daniel Murphy ?

Yup, and I think Cespedes is going in the other direction.

meh. I think for both the olayoffs may help or hurt, but only slightly.

Next series against the cubs could be the total opposite. Maybe even wright wakes up.

Either way it would be a nice pickup. Had him on my fantasy team last year, seems like a solid bat for 2B. Yesterdays game really impressed me. One game obviously, but he did it all for sure.

No way NYM doesn't bring this guy back now.

Their fans would riot.

Next idea..

it would seem so, but i think cespedes is first on their list..and im aure hes going to parlay his 2cd half into a huge payday. Not sure where the mets stand financially, especially considering theyre gonna have to start thinking long term with some of their pitching.

Still like the neil walker idea though...

Murphy has always been a solid player. His upside isn't all that high but he hits for average, doesn't strike out and hits for a bit of pop. His defense is shaky but he's not awful out there. I'd probably shy away from him, however, because I think some team gives him 4 years. 2-3 years for him wold be cool though. 

http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/2015/03/mets_ask_billy_bean_to_suit_up_but_how_do_players.html

He too is ready for a gay teammate, he says. The Mets consulted players this winter before bringing Bean in and Murphy called the idea "forward thinking." More than just listening to a seminor or speech, it was an opportunity to get to known an individual. He regretted that he had not had the chance to meet Bean yet.

Murphy, a devout Christian, said he would embrace Bean despite a divergence in their beliefs.

"I disagree with his lifestyle," Murphy said. "I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual. That doesn't mean I can't still invest in him and get to know him. I don't think the fact that someone is a homosexual should completely shut the door on investing in them in a relational aspect. Getting to know him. That, I would say, you can still accept them but I do disagree with the lifestyle, 100 percent."

But Murphy also saw the moment as an opening for a conversation and an avenue to get past stereotypes. The issue, he says, was "uncharted territory."

While there may be a perception that Christian athletes may not be accepting of gay players, Murphy says that it is not the case.

"Maybe, as a Christian, that we haven't been as articulate enough in describing what our actual stance is on homosexuality," he said. "We love the people. We disagree the lifestyle. That's the way I would describe it for me. It's the same way that there are aspects of my life that I'm trying to surrender to Christ in my own life. There's a great deal of many things, like my pride. I just think that as a believer trying to articulate it in a way that says just because I disagree with the lifestyle doesn't mean I'm just never going to speak to Billy Bean every time he walks through the door. That's not love. That's not love at all."

^^Murphy is a douche. Why does he have to ramble all that BS? Just say you have no problem and move on. Sheesh.

I don't agree with the "homosexual lifestyle" either (nor do I care), but if someone asked me that question I wouldn't say what he did. What a moron.

Edited by failos

I don't care what people do with their lives and anyone who tries to force another person to follow their silly rules irks me. I sometimes poke fun at religion but what he said seemed innocuous, especially for someone wears his belief on his sleeve.

This is one of those "makes too much sense" moves. So it isn't going to happen.

I do think upgrading 2B should be looked at this year, but Gia proved himself as a perfectly capable full-time player at the position this past year. So it's kind of a win-win situation. If they can get someone like Murph or Zobrist to upgrade the position then fantastic. If not, it isn't going to be a gigantic problem.

I know plenty of gay people and have no problem with them or their lifestyle, and much like they joke with me being a priveleged straight white male, I make gay jokes with them and it's all good.

The issue is respect and a general care for good people, no matter how they live their life.

That photo is much more a jab at the dogs than anything. A good one at that. Frosting on the cake, if you will.

On to Murphy, guy is killing it. I want him. On the Angels.