• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Man set on fire outside Long Beach 7-Eleven

Corner of Clark and PCH. A man walked up to an SUV in front of the 7-11 and threw a flammable device into the open window. The car was immediately engulfed in flames and the driver is in critical condition tonight.

Suspect arrested, and is a known transient.

No motive.

http://www.presstelegram.com/ci_23015911/fire-burns-man-after-homeless-man-throws-flammable?source=rss_viewed

There are a lot of homeless people that have campers and park overnight on the street behind the 7-11. A family member of my wife actually is one of those who do. He had said the police have been moving all the transients from the park nearby, so more people have been setting up in that area. However, this guy seems to have been there for a while. I frequent the park in the area less because of the crazy people they have walking around and the rash of suicides that happen there. 

Probably wanted to go to jail and was just waiting for the first person to diss him.  He'll now have food, water, and a clean bed to sleep on.

Couldn't he have just tried stealing stuff from the 7-11? Or grab a lady's purse and run off with it? Do that enough times and he would have ended up in jail. Setting someone on fire is a pretty extreme way to try to get to jail.

Probly just crazy.  I don't know the suspects name yet, but I'm sure it's one of the regulars that we shoo away (or take to jail occasionally), who just keep returning.  Just a plain fail of the system for the victim and suspect... but, most of these homeless folks WANT to be on the street.  The guy with the dog at PCH/7th actually DRIVES into Long Beach to make money there.

Couldn't he have just tried stealing stuff from the 7-11? Or grab a lady's purse and run off with it? Do that enough times and he would have ended up in jail. Setting someone on fire is a pretty extreme way to try to get to jail.

Probably going for the long haul.  Petty shoplifting would land him on the streets in a few days/weeks.

Just a plain fail of the system for the victim and suspect... but, most of these homeless folks WANT to be on the street. 

A patient on a mental health unit I worked on years ago told me that he was on the street by choice. He didn't seem to be your typical homeless person - a very bright guy with a good idea of how the world works, no apparent substance abuse problem and enough skills that he could easily have gotten a job.

Probably wanted to go to jail and was just waiting for the first person to diss him.  He'll now have food, water, and a clean bed to sleep on.

Plus free medical care he will claim is inadequate. He will then sue and the local sheriffs department will cut him a check for $20k-$50k because its cheaper than going to court. All at the expense of tax payers.