• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More disliked by Angels fans on April 24th? Hamilton or Moreno?

NONE of this happens if Hamilton doesn't relapse and then refuse to go to Arizona.

This in on Hamilton.

How would your boss act towards you in the same scennario? remember,  at the end of the day he's a business owner.

I've had to fire some of my best employees for much less. 

one was even my roommate at the time

Edited by Lou

A chronically underachieving team. Arte may be rolling in cash. But he hasn't won squat. That has to chap his billionaire ass.

Lets see.  The Angels have won 9 AL West titles in their entirety of an organization.  6 of those have come while Moreno was owner.  The Angels have won the division 50% of the time he has been owner.  Not sure what your definition of underachieving is.  And if it has to do with getting to the playoffs and then not making it happen I don't know how you could possibly put that on Moreno.  Its not like he is out there playing with them.  He can only put the team together that will make it to the playoffs.  He's made the team more successful than it has ever been, put fans in the seats, hired management that drafted the best player that has ever put on an Angels uniform, and to top it all off made beer relatively cheap (which trust me is huge.  I live in the bay area and going to a Giants game you get essentially 10 ounces for $11 with half the selection and twice the wait). He's had his short comings.  I hated the Hamilton signing.  Didn't particularly like the Pujols signing.  But its his money, Angels games are still significantly cheaper then what I'm used to paying up here, and last I checked they won 98 games last year and we get to watch the best player in baseball on a daily basis.  

I don't like Hamilton's attitude the entire time he was here. His lack of effort added to that made me dislike him. He didn't fulfill his end of the agreement so he is the one who put himself in this situation. He needs to be accountable for his actions.

As far as Arte goes he needs to let the baseball people he hired to do their job and not come in and over rule things. In his mind he it trying to help the team get better quick so his heart was in the right place. There is no way I can dislike him as an owner. He does need to quit signing over age ball players to long expensive contracts that handcuffs the payroll.

The bottom line is we need to stop these kinds of signings and build the club with young cost controlled players and fill in the voids with low to mid level FA's with short term contracts. JD has done a nice job so far with the pitching staff. Let's see what he can do for the offense.

Lets see. The Angels have won 9 AL West titles in their entirety of an organization. 6 of those have come while Moreno was owner. The Angels have won the division 50% of the time he has been owner. Not sure what your definition of underachieving is. And if it has to do with getting to the playoffs and then not making it happen I don't know how you could possibly put that on Moreno. Its not like he is out there playing with them. He can only put the team together that will make it to the playoffs. He's made the team more successful than it has ever been, put fans in the seats, hired management that drafted the best player that has ever put on an Angels uniform, and to top it all off made beer relatively cheap (which trust me is huge. I live in the bay area and going to a Giants game you get essentially 10 ounces for $11 with half the selection and twice the wait). He's had his short comings. I hated the Hamilton signing. Didn't particularly like the Pujols signing. But its his money, Angels games are still significantly cheaper then what I'm used to paying up here, and last I checked they won 98 games last year and we get to watch the best player in baseball on a daily basis.

A lot harder to win the division before they split the AL into three divisions, so it's not apples to apples. Also with added wild cards the Angels got to the WS. Arte spends but his impulsive or emotional decision-making doesn't seem to benefit this team. Let your decision-makers make the roster moves please.

You go to Giants games? Place is always packed, right? They've won two WS in last three years, right? Have they overachieved or do they get the most out of good talent? The Giants may stink this year but their fan base is great, and they win. They also had the best player on the planet for a long time.

A lot harder to win the division before they split the AL into three divisions, so it's not apples to apples. Also with added wild cards the Angels got to the WS. Arte spends but his impulsive or emotional decision-making doesn't seem to benefit this team. Let your decision-makers make the roster moves please.

You go to Giants games? Place is always packed, right? They've won two WS in last three years, right? Have they overachieved or do they get the most out of good talent? The Giants may stink this year but their fan base is great, and they win. They also had the best player on the planet for a long time.

I know you mean Willie Mays = best player, not Bonds, correct?

This thread is a joke.  Started by a guy who admittedly isn't even a fan of this team.  Who the hell cares who you dislike more soto?

Seriously, I doubt you care enough to even dislike anything about this team

What a total troll thread.

The thread wasn't about who I disliked.  It was about who everyone else dislikes.

And I'm a fan.  But I also appreciate the train wreck that it is. 

Some of my most memorable life moments was Angels related.   It's all comedy to me now.   I think the team is a joke, but I still support them.  

Edited by SOTO

I was referring to Bonds. Mays had some competition, and enough that I couldn't determine if he was the best player of his era. Mantle, for one, could lay claim to that too.

Mays is awesome though.

Thanks for responding. Understanding the knowledge base of someone you are dealing with provides insight as to whether one's time is being wasted.