• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Josh Hamilton to Texas Rangers (Official)

Born and baptized.  You?

born, baptized, first communion and confirmed

so how do you feel about questioning a fellow Christian's faith when he is going through such a difficult period in his life? is that in line with the tenets of your proposed faith?

Edited by Lou

so how do you feel about questioning a fellow Christian's faith when he is going through such a difficult period in his life? is that in line with the tenets of your proposed faith?

I'm not questioning his faith as a conviction. I'm questioning whether he's actually following it. By continually going on about how he's a "devout Christian" but acting this way, he a) looks like a complete hypocrite b ) makes other Christians look bad. If you're going to make Christianity a central part of your public persona, you need to make sure you're actually representing it. There's perhaps more accountability there than there would be for someone who doesn't choose to do that.

And his "difficult period" is all his own doing, isn't it? Free will and all. He's the one who didn't use resources which were available to him that might have helped him keep from using (firing his accountability coach), doesn't seem to have any motivation to work, refused the Angels' offer to get him back on track, and has basically seemed to feel perfectly okay with taking a lot of money that he's not working for.

I'm from a far more liberal denomination than Hamilton; I just have very little patience for this type of crap.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

So then his behavior is okay for a Christian?  His close friend saying he should retire and not be about stealing someones money is completely okay?  I am not being a jerk or sarcastic.  I genuinely am curious and want to know.  If Josh asked a pastor(or whatever they are called)if he is setting a good example for other Christians, the pastor would say he is doing the right thing and all that God is okay with it?  Him being a drug addict is not his fault(whole other separate issue being that God created him) so all his behavior is excused?  This whole him being a vocal Christian and being all about Jesus but using drugs and divorcing and making millions of dollars but not behaving or accepting his job responsibilities and refusing assignments is very confusing.

I was thinking same thing.

I am not 100% on this but it probably has to do with the fact that he's an addict. I am sure more information will become clear as the days go by but maybe there is something in his contract that states he can do or not do whatever the hell he wants.  It sure seems that way.  I have not read anything about the Angels going to MLB or the MLBPA getting involved with him refusing to go to Arizona so Josh probably holds all the cards.

Dumping Hamilton at the cost of 68 million would be equivalent to a guy making 150k dumping 7 grand. Yeah it hurts but might be a good business move to eat the money.

You're right its not. Could you imagine if the folks here made or had as much money as Arte Moreno? Perspective is everything and many people here have none.

From the LA Times...

Although the Angels had announced a plan to send Hamilton to their Arizona training facility as soon as this week to prepare for a comeback, Hamilton balked at the plan and told them he wanted to play in Texas. 

Anyone think gold ole Josh had any intentions to play anywhere but Texas this year?