• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fangraphs Starting Rotation Rankings - Angels #12

You know WAR is joke stat when Jason Hammel, Carlos Martinez, Zach McAllister and even Jon Niese have a higher projected WAR than Weaver. 

Even CJ Wilson has a higher projected WAR than Weaver. 

Bunch of junk article. 

Can't define with stats how Weaver continues to win 15+ games per year. 

Thinking ahead....wonder if the Halos sign a big name starter next offseason. With Weav/CJ on the last year of their deals heading into 2016 and the rest of the staff filled with young, cost-controlled guys...they can afford to bring in a high-end FA arm. Market will definitely be there since this next FA class is deep with good pitching

I think CJ actually drags them down a bit. I think it'll be a lot better heading into next season. Newcomb should be close to ready, Heaney will have some experience under his belt, Skaggs will have had plenty of time to recover from his TJ surgery. Would love to see CJ dealt for peanuts and a legit #3 starter acquired to replace him. 

FanGraphs hates the Angels. I've got them down at 7th, but I also have the Padres 3rd and M's 4th.

It all comes down to not correctly valuing Richards, Shoemaker or even Santiago for that matter. Richards is one of ten best pitchers in baseball, Shoemaker isn't a fluke he's a legit #3, Santiago posted an ERA at 3.30 after his promotion from AAA that spanned across most of the season.

If all you're going to talk about is how much Wilson and Weav make and fail to acknowledge their prior success or specify the Angels wealth of depth, the clearly you have an agenda.

Is their rotation elite? No. But Richards matches up with just about anybody, Shoe can outpitch most teams #2 starter, Weav and Wilson may be backend in quality but they'll still deliver upwards of 200 innings each. Not to mention guys like Heaney, Tropeano and Rucinski waiting for their shot and Newcomb coming on strong.

I believe Richards is legit, but he's had 168 innings of success at the MLB level. How about we wait a little bit before declaring him one of the top 10 pitchers in baseball.

1. Kershaw 2. Felix 3. Bumgarner 4. Scherzer 5. Cueto 6. Kluber 7. Greinke 8. Harvey 9. Hamels 10......

I've got Strasburg, Sale, Richards, Price and Zimmerman.

Ok so you're right, he's the 12th best starting pitcher in baseball. Not top 10.

What I'm saying is, those guys have proven themselves to be elite pitchers over the course of multiple seasons. Richards has the stuff and the potential to become one of them, but he needs to actually back that up with more than 3/4 of a full season of stats.

You also forgot Lester.

To make any argument that Weaver is overpaid is beyond stupid.  Dude could be making almost twice as much as he is.

Players like Weaver are exactly why stats, or at least the popular stats right now, will never tell the entire story.

Weaver wouldn't be the same pitcher if he didn't pitch in Anaheim. In Weaver's case, stats do tell the entire story.

Edited by Poozy

To make any argument that Weaver is overpaid is beyond stupid.  Dude could be making almost twice as much as he is.

Players like Weaver are exactly why stats, or at least the popular stats right now, will never tell the entire story.

Weaver's stats the past 4 seasons have said he is declining and will continue to decline.

And that's exactly what has happened.

While I agree with the ranking of 12th best in baseball, the Weaver is overpaid nonsense needs to stop.  Dude is a gamer and had a 3.59 era last year and is only 32.  His career era is 3.28 and like it's already been mentioned, turned down around 40 million to stay with the Angels.  I hope he is resigned and retires an Angel.