• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2015 Forbes Valuations - Yankees #1 at $3.4B (Angels #8 - $1.3B)

Man you are obtuse.

Zero debt, mega TV contract, valuation of 6x the original purchase price = Successful.

also, i think i remember the angels are the only expansion team over .500 as an organization. the fact that they have quite a few recent post season accomplishments and a "lombardi" in the case speaks volumes about whether or not the angels are a successful franchise by any measurement on the field.

It was written somewhere last week that Time Warner is writing down the value of their Doyyer contract $100 million a year.  I am not sure I understand the accounting behind it, whether they are valuing that contract as an "asset" on their books...

But at least someone is recognizing the stupidity of that contract.

It was written somewhere last week that Time Warner is writing down the value of their Doyyer contract $100 million a year.  I am not sure I understand the accounting behind it, whether they are valuing that contract as an "asset" on their books...

But at least someone is recognizing the stupidity of that contract.

They are likely valuing the contract as an asset and doing the old switcheroo where they depreciate the value of their portfolio by the "lost" year of that asset.  So despite them having reaped the benefits, their "assets" have been diminished.  Teams routinely do this with their stadium deals as well.

The Mets built their financial plan around Bernie Madoff, and they are still valued higher than the Angels.

I don't for one second think that the Wilpons are a better owner than Arte.

Helps when you get your fancy new stadium half subsidized by public funding, something that just doesn't happen in LA. Remarkable really the worth of the Angels franchise (for what a Forbes valuation is worth) considering the stadium worth being so low relative to other teams. How much of the Dodgers worth is simply the property the stadium and the parking is sitting on? I'm surprised the Yankees even show an operating profit since they usually run at a huge loss and funnel most of the profitability to the YES network.