• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Megachurch pastor seeks donations for pricey private jet

I had a feeling the dude was black. Awesome name too, Dollar.

A lot of this church stuff is so fraudulent. I changed my tune when a loan for a Catholic priest came across my desk many years ago where he was a multi-millionaire. Makes me feel for the older church related family that had a loan and made very little as far as income with a lot going back into the church.

I am wondering how many people could be helped with $65 million. The aircraft he is asking for donations to buy, a Gulfstream G650, is pretty much top of the line as private jets go. At least one business magazine calls it "the world's best private jet." It has a range of more than 8,000 miles, allowing it to fly non-stop to most destinations in the world. You can see one here.

As for those who want the Dollar family (what an appropriate name that is) to fly commercial, you can't expect them to go through security checkpoints and wait in line like the rest of us, can you? God doesn't want that. He wants him to have a $65M business jet instead.

I don't know how anyone can listen to that and be motivated to open their wallet.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Wait, organized religion is a scam? Shocking news. Is water still wet?

There's nothing wrong with a group of people gathering to worship a God of their choosing with a goal of helping their community or those less fortunate in the world. I haven't been to a church in years, but I still believe that most churches are run by and include people that behave well and have good intentions. This case is, of course, gross. But to suggest that it in any way represents Christianity or religion in general, isn't correct either. Some people are terrible and exploitative. It's just a human thing, but the faith behind it is not the cause.

Edited by Don

Indulgences are alive and well ladies and gentleman

Megachurches are a scam

Not all of them. I've been part of several megachurches that devote a significant portion of their money to helping the poor and other vulnerable of society.

I am wondering how many people could be helped with $65 million. The aircraft he is asking for donations to buy, a Gulfstream G650, is pretty much top of the line as private jets go. At least one business magazine calls it "the world's best private jet." It has a range of more than 8,000 miles, allowing it to fly non-stop to most destinations in the world. You can see one here.

As for those who want the Dollar family (what an appropriate name that is) to fly commercial, you can't expect them to go through security checkpoints and wait in line like the rest of us, can you? God doesn't want that. He wants him to have a $65M business jet instead.

I don't know how anyone can listen to that and be motivated to open their wallet.

Guys, you have it all wrong. He's on a covert mission to convert all the ISIS recruits and can't accomplish that by flying commercial. In and out, real quick, no questions

Most other areas of life don't try to tell you how to live your life and ask their followers to blindly trust what they say and do.

This from a country that thinks democracy is voting for either a Republican or a Democrat.  Depending on which cult you belong to.

LOL, what churches have you gone to?  

Also, lots of groups give guidelines on how to live life.

Isn't the point of a preacher to carry out God's word?  Isn't the word of God infallible?  As a Christian aren't you supposed to follow God's word?

Look no further than the gay marriage debate and where it is most contested - the bible belt.  Those people can't think for themselves.  Just look at the political ads there, they start off with Jesus, move to guns and then go back to Jesus.