• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Megachurch pastor seeks donations for pricey private jet

Isn't the point of a preacher to carry out God's word?  Isn't the word of God infallible?  As a Christian aren't you supposed to follow God's word?

Look no further than the gay marriage debate and where it is most contested - the bible belt.  Those people can't think for themselves.  Just look at the political ads there, they start off with Jesus, move to guns and then go back to Jesus.

Nate, when you of all people try to describe what goes on in church or in the beliefs of its people you are really talking out of your ass.

Pastors, priests, teachers are all just men and therefore as fallible as anyone else.

Nate, when you of all people try to describe what goes on in church or in the beliefs of its people you are really talking out of your ass.

Pastors, priests, teachers are all just men and therefore as fallible as anyone else.

Fundamentally sure.  Don't tell me that a lot of the people visiting those churches don't do their every word.

For example the bible doesn't tell people to hate gays.  Pastors do.

Fundamentally sure.  Don't tell me that a lot of the people visiting those churches don't do their every word.

For example the bible doesn't tell people to hate gays.  Pastors do.

this again shows you don't really know much about the goings on in churches.  Regardless, any mature Christian with a brain understands that church leaders are just people.  

Acts 17:11 

And all of those videos we see of pastors preaching about the gay sinners that are going to ruin everyone's lives and the people who are shouting "amen" are fake then right?

Most of these people are sheep and will do whatever their pastor says.

And all of those videos we see of pastors preaching about the gay sinners that are going to ruin everyone's lives and the people who are shouting "amen" are fake then right?

Most of these people are sheep and will do whatever their pastor says.

You have friends who are Christian.  Do they seem like sheep to you?

How about Adam?  

"all of those videos"  lol

You have friends who are Christian.  Do they seem like sheep to you?

How about Adam?  

"all of those videos"  lol

I think you, Adam, Geoff, etc are the exception.  Most of the country is too stupid to know the difference.  That doesn't just go to religion, politics, etc.

I think what is more likely is that the people you see in those videos found the kind of church they are comfortable with.  In other words they were already bent that way.

The major majority of folks in church are not like that.  

I disagree.  Just look at how the majority of Americans vote.  It is just a different kind of dogma.

Most other areas of life don't try to tell you how to live your life and ask their followers to blindly trust what they say and do.

It's unfortunate that many churches operate this way, but thankfully, I've never been part of one. 

Voting against gay marriage doesn't mean you are incapable of thinking for yourself and are ruled by a pastor. Nor does it mean you are bigoted.

I find it interesting that despite real world experience, (personally knowing and having friendships with Christians) you form your skewed opinion of Christianity and Christians based on YouTube videos.

I was talking about R & D, not D on D.

Do they have the places that run around holding snakes and speaking in tongues?

Those places are legit.

I think they deserve the jet more than this guy.

Reason number 1,304 that West Virginia should be its own country.

Do they still do that thing in tents where the pastor puts his hand on people's head and they start convulsing and fall to the ground where they shake uncontrollably?

When I was in college Benny Hinn was on late Sunday nights, and his show was pure comic gold. He would yell 'Feel the power, feel the glory!", then smack people in the forehead and they would fall backward and one of his underlings would catch them. I'm not sure what was more ridiculous, the stage theatrics or Hinn's hair.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

To the non-believers reading this, just because someone holds a Bible in one hand and claims to be a Christian does not make them one. 

There are many, many pastors all over the world who preach their own ideas because they have no idea what the Bible actually says.  Creflo Dollar is one of them. 

They know exactly what the bible says, they just twist the words and prey on people's desperation to make a buck

Televangelists (the vast majority of which have NO formal theological training) twist certain verses to make a buck because they don't understand what the Bible is saying. 

When you read what the Bible really says about money, it is the direct opposite of what is being preached on TV.