• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB to announce Pace of Play rules tomorrow

KevinJ14

What I would like to see most is, for umpires to stop granting timeouts to hitters whenever they ask.

It's tiresome when hitters call timeout when the pitcher is already starting his wind up.

I also like the pitch clock, but not automatic ball calls. Just fine them for every time they took over 30 seconds with no one on base.

What I would like to see most is, for umpires to stop granting timeouts to hitters whenever they ask.

It's tiresome when hitters call timeout when the pitcher is already starting his wind up.

I also like the pitch clock, but not automatic ball calls. Just fine them for every time they took over 30 seconds with no one on base.

Isn't that a Trout staple?

Just a theory.

I wonder if this could cause a domino effect, in which the pitchers take less time because they see the batter standing there waiting for the pitch.

I think it would've made more sense for the opposite to happen. 

The pitcher is on a strict clock, and the pitch still counts even if the hitter is daydreaming outside the box.

Edited by Poozy

I think about what a rule like this would've done to Chuck Knoblauch back when he was playing.  He wouldn't be able to handle it. 

He's one of the guys who really stood out to me as a putting on a full production between pitches.  Step 5 feet away, bend over touch toes 3 times, stick the bat in the groin while playing with batting gloves for 20 seconds, and then slowly step back in the box.  Every damn pitch.  

If this rule had bee instituted in the early part of his career, he would've gotten the yips a lot sooner, I'm betting.  

Anyway, I see these more easily digestible rules as making it easier to implement the pitch clock next year, which as others have said, is something that could truly make the game move like it did back when it was truly "America's pastime." 

I was thinking Nomar. Both were godawful at this.

I think about what a rule like this would've done to Chuck Knoblauch back when he was playing.  He wouldn't be able to handle it. 

He's one of the guys who really stood out to me as a putting on a full production between pitches.  Step 5 feet away, bend over touch toes 3 times, stick the bat in the groin while playing with batting gloves for 20 seconds, and then slowly step back in the box.  Every damn pitch.  

During his years as a player, former Cleveland manager Mike Hargrove had the nickname "the human rain delay" for all of his gyrations outside the batter's box between pitches. It was beyond ridiculous.

if they really wanted to speed up the pace of the game.  Maybe the first thing they should do is speed up the change between defense and offense for teams.  It's like once the inning is over, there is a five minute delay.  Hell, it takes some pitchers 3 minutes just to walk out to the mound.  The time between changes should be one minute, two minutes tops.  

I tend to think the network executive who wants to sell commercial time would have a problem with that.

if they really wanted to speed up the pace of the game. Maybe the first thing they should do is speed up the change between defense and offense for teams. It's like once the inning is over, there is a five minute delay. Hell, it takes some pitchers 3 minutes just to walk out to the mound. The time between changes should be one minute, two minutes tops.