• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Inbox: How long will Hamilton be with Angels?

I was going to say the same thing. Why trade him when he is better than a replacement player. Trading doesn't save us money.

He's seems like a toxic presence to the clubhouse, and if that's true he should be traded.

Yeah... no.

Cowgill had a ridiculous and unsustainable first half then remembered he is Colin Cowgill and proceeded to have an ops of .452/.497/.538 to end the season. In the end he batted his career averages except for a bloated OBP that didn't exist in the last 3 months. He is not a solid replacement player, more suited for bench duties. Let's hope they don't have to resort to playing him more to play Hamilton less.

Cowgill is perfectly suited for bench duty. He plays great defense, is fast, is cheap and is good in the clubhouse.

But even if an OF gets hurt we won't see him playing much. They sooner stick Joyce in the OF and have Cron or Green DH.

Contrived indifference.  

That's what I think Josh has.  

I know Pimp is concerned about whether we like Josh and he probably should be as I think Josh is pretty fragile and truly does want us to like him.  But there is middle ground between hating him and giving him our undying admiration.  I don't hate the guy, but I can't say he's earned the right to have us blindly support him.  And not because of his play on the field.  I'll root for him to do well regardless of how I perceive him.  But I am not going to pretend to enjoy his attitude to the fans and his general entitlement just because he's delicate and might need it for what I think is a self-esteem issue.  

He could bridge the gap he's created with many of the fans by going out and performing well on the field though.

That said, even though his WAR puts him in the range of an average LFer, he's an above average hitter overall when taking all positions into account and there is potential for much more.  He's got lineup presence and can fill a pretty important hole in the middle of the order.  Even if you find a taker for him and a portion of his salary, I don't think anyone we currently have or could get would be able to fill his production and what he can bring to the lineup.  

He's still a potential asset more than he is a liability because the collateral damage of ditching him coupled with finding an adequate replacement is far worse than just keeping him and hoping he at least does what he has the last couple of years.  That is average defense and above average offense.  Certainly not commensurate with what he'd being paid, but he's not totally to blame for that.   

I don't remember Wells saying stupid things to the media as much. Yeah, he sucked at baseball but he was a class act and is a good guy.

"Too blessed to be stressed", "maybe it's just society" and so on sure managed to piss the fans off (and rightly so). His Twitter dig at Victor Rojas a couple of months back showed his douche side pretty strongly as well. My view of Vernon the person is about as high as my view of Vernon the awful baseball player.

I think cheating on his wife, wasting millions on drugs and alcohol, infuriating all of Arlington and Anaheim with his comments to the media is enough to be considered a dumbass.

I remember him having shots with chicks. I didn't know you were his accountant...by the way, millions on drugs and alcohol is probably dead in a couple years and absurd. Sorry you don't like his media presence.

Your assertions seem legit.

I remember him having shots with chicks. I didn't know you were his accountant...by the way, millions on drugs and alcohol is probably dead in a couple years and absurd. Sorry you don't like his media presence.

Your assertions seem legit.

Can't speak for everyone, but if I'm caught shirtless in a bar, taking body shots off college girls and then disappearing into the bathroom with one of them for an extended period of time, the wife would be pretty pissed and have good reason to suspect infidelity.

As for the millions, look it up. After having a huge signing bonus after the draft, he was bankrupt, out of baseball and on the streets.

Yeah... no.

Cowgill had a ridiculous and unsustainable first half then remembered he is Colin Cowgill and proceeded to have an ops of .452/.497/.538 to end the season. In the end he batted his career averages except for a bloated OBP that didn't exist in the last 3 months. He is not a solid replacement player, more suited for bench duties. Let's hope they don't have to resort to playing him more to play Hamilton less.

Its not that im advocating cowgill to start....its that i havent seen anythinf from hamilton for me to want him to either. At least cowgill will work counts and play solid defense. Hamilton will have a good stretch of at bats, completely falter, and couple it with poor defense.

Can't speak for everyone, but if I'm caught shirtless in a bar, taking body shots off college girls and then disappearing into the bathroom with one of them for an extended period of time, the wife would be pretty pissed and have good reason to suspect infidelity.

As for the millions, look it up. After having a huge signing bonus after the draft, he was bankrupt, out of baseball and on the streets.

I did look it all up before I posted, that's why I made the initial post.

I don't think making things up because you don't like his production on the field is kosher.

Didn't his former accountability person get hired by the org? Maybe he can find a way to help?

That would be great if that works. Didn't Josh have one of his better seasons with this guy helping out? And if so why haven't we thought of this before?

If you looked it up, you'd see it seems pretty clear the dude was being a dumbass.  As for his on-field production, you may notice I'm one of the few defending it in this thread.  Look that one up too.  

He's an average or above average outfielder that's a dumbass and is being paid as an MVP.  Not sure how difficult that is to wrap your head around.  It's pretty spot on. 

I think of a dumbass as someone with 5 duis or failing a drug test that is known forthcoming, not getting drunk once during ST or getting past addiction many years ago.

It's either petty (getting drunk once or how you perceive his media interactions) or looking at how you call someone with addiction a dumbass, like being the asshole calling someone with autism or down syndrome a moron.

Him not being around when we clinched and that picture of him sitting on the bench while everyone is standing up on the railing during the playoffs tells me all I need to know about him

I'm sure Josh can careless of your opinion or anybody else opinion of him. He doesn't need to kiss the fans butt nor should he. He was right on with his comments to the press about the childish fans who booed him.

I think the man is giving 100% and that's all you can ask for. Sure, I wish he performed better in the playoffs but I feel the same was about Trout/Pujols/Kendrick/Wilson.

I think I'll splurge and get me a Hamilton jersey.

Enough with the childish insults already. I would be 100% correct saying you all have your own personal demons.

I'm ready for a new season!

He's gonna play LF and hit 4th, dumbass or not. 

He'll probably get out of the gate OK, but then as the LHP piles up against him, the flailing will begin. 

He can actually play a decent LF and can still run (unlike the other grossly overpaid vet), so he has some value tho considerably below what he's paid.

.250 with 20 dingers is probably a reasonable expectation.

Here what you need to know about ... not some silly misleading pic posted on this site from some disgruntal fan.

'The FourTwelve Foundation was formed by the Hamilton family for the purpose of personally investing in the lives of individuals in need. Through four key objectives, the foundation seeks to provide for the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of these individuals both in the United States and abroad. The mission of the foundation is to share the nature of God with the world through love, care, and compassion.'

Joshhamilton.net

This is just one of many charities Josh donates millions of dollars too.

Alex Rodriguez has donated and raised millions for multiple charirites and was addicted to what steroids gave him.

Mark McGwire, the same thing.  Roger Clemens the same freakin' thing.  They're all dumbasses.  Doesn't make them bad people, they just made dumbass decisions, and stupid is as stupid does.  Don't pretend A-Rod, McGwire and Clemens weren't every bit as addicted to winning as anyone else.  They paid any price they could for that high it gives them, even if it meant their integrity.  Choices.

Josh Hamilton's is a similar boat.  He's made some dumbass choices in his life.  And he's dealt with addiction as well. 

Doesn't change the fact that he's our LF, there isn't a better one on the roster and that the Angels are best off playing him in LF.  But it also doesn't change who he is.  

Here what you need to know about ... not some silly misleading pic posted on this site from some disgruntal fan.

'The FourTwelve Foundation was formed by the Hamilton family for the purpose of personally investing in the lives of individuals in need. Through four key objectives, the foundation seeks to provide for the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of these individuals both in the United States and abroad. The mission of the foundation is to share the nature of God with the world through love, care, and compassion.'

Joshhamilton.net

This is just one of many charities Josh donates millions of dollars too.

You do understand that all charitable foundations are used as tax shelters right?