• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels interested in James Shields

KevinJ14

Shields was actually better on the road, and in the second half last year. I think worries about his so-called decline are a bit overblown, and probably influenced by his poor post season.

That being said, I would not go more than 4 years for him, and not more than 18 mil per. So I would not want to see the Angels go over 4/72, and I suspect he will get more money than that.

he's almost exactly between Weaver and Wilson in age.  His arm has to be held together with duct tape, twisty ties and paste.  

2yrs?  maybe.  He'll probably get 4 so no thanks.  

He also vanished in the playoffs when his team needed him most. "Big Game" isn't how I would describe him. BLOWN game, maybe.

I like Shields but not at the price he will command.

the Angels are sort of in a quandary -- if you sign a guy like Shields to a huge deal -- how do you explain that to Jered Weaver and what do you say when he says, 'hey you gave that a guy a huge deal, can we re-negotiate MY contract?"

I don't think we'll be in the running for the kind of money Shields is going to command........money plus years -- I'd say he looks for a four year deal, maybe a three plus one with club and player options.

I like Shields but not at the price he will command.

the Angels are sort of in a quandary -- if you sign a guy like Shields to a huge deal -- how do you explain that to Jered Weaver and what do you say when he says, 'hey you gave that a guy a huge deal, can we re-negotiate MY contract?"

I don't think we'll be in the running for the kind of money Shields is going to command........money plus years -- I'd say he looks for a four year deal, maybe a three plus one with club and player options.

Vargas got 4 years .

The Angels should not give up a first round drat pick for Shields.

Signing Shields would not cost a draft pick, which is why Jerry may be checking in on him.

Personally, I am against it.  He is going to get too much money and too many years for the pitcher and age he is today.