• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gas Prices

NJHalo

It's the policies they pass into law Kurt. The stricter emissions standards, the cap-and-trade, the higher per-gallon taxes, etc.

I am not suggesting they are completely in the wrong. Far from it. But I do think their gas policies are generally harmful for the working man and the product of an elitist, arrogant attitude. But then again, we vote them into office, so I guess I have nothing to complain about.

We don't get to see how much the oil companies are being charged by the state in the new cap-and-trade system. Estimates are that it could run eventually to $1.50 a gallon. They'll pass that right along to the motorist, of course, at the pump. They always do.

We don't get to see how much the oil companies are being charged by the state in the new cap-and-trade system. Estimates are that it could run eventually to $1.50 a gallon. They'll pass that right along to the motorist, of course, at the pump. They always do.

Which the left has zero problem with. They think it is an acceptable price to pay.

Which the left has zero problem with. They think it is an acceptable price to pay.

On a related point, this is what Obama said in 2008 about his own cap-and-trade plan, regarding electricity rates:

“Under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket. That will cost money. They will pass that [cost] on to consumers.”

20120914_020831_gasprez_400.jpg

I am not a big Obama homer but at this point "the left" did it really does not sell me. I actually think prices are down since the right was in charge.

I'm a Obama homer. Oil is cheaper now. That being said a president has no control over gas prices. It's the most inelastic product there is

Isn't CA one of the biggest oil producing states in the US?

I think California is a distant second to North Dakota in oil production right now. 

We have no interstate oil pipelines, though, so whenever there's a supply disruption in California, we get screwed even worse at the pump. 

20120914_020831_gasprez_400.jpg

I am not a big Obama homer but at this point "the left" did it really does not sell me.  I actually think prices are down since the right was in charge. 

The price of crude in September 2008 was $103. In Sept of 2012 it was $95. It's now around $37. Gasoline prices have come down not nearly enough in proportion.

$1.50/gallon should be more like it, all other things being equal. But they're not, because taxes have risen, and yes, the cap-and-trade scheme is taking effect. I know nobody wants to hear about this, but it's there. The only problem is, the public has no way of knowing how much an effect it really is having. They're keeping that secret.

you're complaining about something that doesn't even exist fan since:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2012/10/25/was-u-s-climate-policy-better-off-without-cap-and-trade/

That's federal. In California there is certainly a state cap-and-trade program in effect. Google "AB 32"

http://www.arb.ca.gov/cc/capandtrade/capandtrade.htm

I wish I had FS to come with me to parties when I was at UC Santa Cruz.

I wore Pink Floyd shirts and had long hair and they didn't like me, woulda been sweet to sick FS on them.

I would have been happy to oblige. I can't imagine anyone hating Pink Floyd. Dark Side of the Moon was one of my favorite albums back then.

Experts predict surprising gas price trend for 2016

How low can gas prices go? No one is quite sure, but AAA thinks we might not be there yet.

AAA tracks gas prices around the country. In 2015, it reported the average gas price in the United States was $2.40 per gallon. Now, it is predicting the average for 2016 will fall somewhere between $2.25 and $2.45 per gallon.

How low can gas prices go? No one is quite sure, but AAA thinks we might not be there yet.

AAA tracks gas prices around the country. In 2015, it reported the average gas price in the United States was $2.40 per gallon. Now, it is predicting the average for 2016 will fall somewhere between $2.25 and $2.45 per gallon.

Something something cap and trade.

which means it'll be around 3.80 in LA.

I think prices may come down a bit more but there are other factors involved.  Labor and transportation have gone up significantly since oil was this price.

Also, California is its own deal.  You can thank the taxes and demand for the high price.  Honestly, if California would have worked harder on local public transportation gas prices might not be so high.

I think prices may come down a bit more but there are other factors involved.  Labor and transportation have gone up significantly since oil was this price.

Also, California is its own deal.  You can thank the taxes and demand for the high price.  Honestly, if California would have worked harder on local public transportation gas prices might not be so high.

Take that commie horseshit out of this thread

Oil is about to go below $30. It plunged to $30.10 this morning before rallying for a few cents.

Some economists are talking about $18/barrel in the near future. There's a worldwide glut of oil and gasoline supplies, and demand is way down as the global economy is slowing big time.

Of course, we'll still be at $3+ for gas here in SoCal.

Edited by fan_since79