• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you have sent Gordon?

red321

I think if I was coaching third I might have sent Gordon home on that ball in the gap...you know right now they have to be thinking...hmm....was trying to catch in the replay, where exactly was he when the ball made it to the shortstop. Had he reach third already?

Easy to say now.  To lose at a play at home....the decision to send would be all that was talked about.

Well, I actually said it last night too.  It's a tough call.  Certainly a high likelihood that the dude is thrown out at the plate, but also a high likelihood that the next guy to the plate becomes yet another victim of Bumgarner.

Gordon isn't a slow runner - I think he was (understandably) too busy watching to see what was going on in the outfield, so wasn't going full tilt.

While Gordon PROBABLY would have been out, I liked his chances against the outfielder's accuracy more than I liked Salvador "Overrated with the bat because of one lucky hit" Perez's chances against Madison Bumgarner.

Edited by Angelsjunky

Watching the Gordon perspective replay he didn't head to first hard or look to turn thinking second assuming it was going to be a routine single.

If he hits the gate running and rounding second hard then it would be questionable and close.

What's weird is Gordon isn't really all that slow. So to see him barely hit third before the ball came in was odd. That LF was on his horse to get that ball.

Would have been absolute nuts and one for the history books if game 7 in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs was tied up because of an inside the park homerun.

You can't send him there. He would have been out for sure unless it was an absolutely horrible throw. He was barely rounding third when the Crawford cut that ball off. I agree, you just can't end your season hoping for a miracle like that.

From the TV broadcast it was a bit misleading and looked like Gordon was further along than he actually was. I agree you have to hold him up. Angels fans of all fans should know what happens when you try to often to "force the other team to make a mistake" at the plate (f'n Disarcina...)

Like Stradling said it seemed to be slow motion. Those miscues had inside the park HR written all over it until you see where Gordon is at when they are finally getting the ball relayed towards home.

I do not think Gordon is that slow the magnitude of the moment and watching the miscues must have slowed his movement. Kind of like an accident on the freeway and all the rubberneckers.

Benji Molina has a triple on that play.

Trout or Aybar would have tied the game.

If Gordon is thinking inside the park homer out of the box I think he scores if there is a below average relay to the plate on the last throw, or heaven forbid, the catcher 'blocks the plate.' 

Instead Gordon was thinking single out of the box and took forever to get to third. There is no way you send him there. Certainly would've been fun to watch though.